Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shared Hosting and VPS
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Riggs
I was wondering if you could give me some technical details on the shared hosting.

Server Info (cpu speed, ram, hard drive, num of different web sites hosted on one server)?
Uplink speed to the switches?
What is the average cpu speed for each host?
What is the min ram guaranteed?
Any other technical details about the network would be useful.

For VPS, what is the uplink speed, 1 GIG?

And for both, are all servers multihomed? Thanks
Riggs
Also, I am in the process of creating my web site. It is almost entirely going to be run off an mySQL database. This being the case, is there a limit on the size of the database for shared hosting or vps? Just for you to get an idea, I am going to store all articles (which will probably get up into the thousands) and have user inputed info on a daily basis (which i could evently have thousands of customers). Please let me know what your take on this is.
Riggs
Does anybody know about the questions I asked?
MartinB
Also, I am in the process of creating my web site. It is almost entirely going to be run off an mySQL database. This being the case, is there a limit on the size of the database for shared hosting or vps?

At least in "Linux and shared hosting", the only space for your mysql database is the disk space of your account (a lot...!)

I'm sure in VPS is the same.

Also, be carefull of not overloading the server.
(you can read http://www.hostony.com/terms.html)

with a VPS you have no problem with overload.
MartinB
QUOTE(Riggs @ Jul 14 2005, 11:14 AM)
I was wondering if you could give me some technical details on the shared hosting.

Server Info (cpu speed, ram, hard drive, num of different web sites hosted on one server)?
Uplink speed to the switches?
What is the average cpu speed for each host?
What is the min ram guaranteed?
Any other technical details about the network would be useful.
For VPS, what is the uplink speed, 1 GIG?

And for both, are all servers multihomed?  Thanks

Well, I'll try to give you answers about what i know:

I have accounts in a linux shared hosting server from hostony, maybe this utility can show you some usefull info about the server: http://www.wizhosting.com/old/status.php
I'm happy with the server speed smile.gif

Also you can obtain some technical info at: http://www.hostony.com/network.html

Note: I'm not a member of Hostony Staff, so, don't take all my words like OFFICIAL. Is just the info i know beeing a 1 year old customer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here