Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Available features not mentioned in the list?
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Guest_Tim_*
These are all typical whm/cpanel features:

Fantastico?
oscommerce?
zencart?
phpbb?
xoops?

Shared ssl? Useful for non-commercial sites that wish to use secure forms.

In whm:
"Modify an Account" - Function to allow domain accounts to be modified after creation (bandwidth, diskspace etc)?

"Limit Bandwidth"?

SSH can be enabled on all domains or just resellers?
Can reseller enable/disable SSH for client domains?
If SSH is not in the control of the reseller, will it become automatically disabled after upgrading/downgrading an account? Will tech support have to be contacted to re-enable it?

WHM/CPanel demo so that we can see precisely what is available on your system?

How long has Hostony been conducting web hosting services?

24/7 phone support?

Excellent tech support is a priority. Am I going to hear down the road a piece..."well what do you expect for a hundred and forty bucks a year?" I would rather pay more and have first rate tech support then get cutrate support because of cutrate prices. Please tell me now so we can save ourselves lots of time.
Lehrer
These are all typical whm/cpanel features:

Fantastico?
oscommerce?
zencart?
phpbb?
xoops?

Shared ssl? Useful for non-commercial sites that wish to use secure forms.

In whm:
"Modify an Account" - Function to allow domain accounts to be modified after creation (bandwidth, diskspace etc)?

"Limit Bandwidth"?

SSH can be enabled on all domains or just resellers?
Can reseller enable/disable SSH for client domains?
If SSH is not in the control of the reseller, will it become automatically disabled after upgrading/downgrading an account? Will tech support have to be contacted to re-enable it?

WHM/CPanel demo so that we can see precisely what is available on your system?

How long has Hostony been conducting web hosting services?

24/7 phone support?

Excellent tech support is a priority. Am I going to hear down the road a piece..."well what do you expect for a hundred and forty bucks a year?" I would rather pay more and have first rate tech support then get cutrate support because of cutrate prices. Please tell me now so we can save ourselves lots of time.

Dear customer, all the mentioned above scripts refer to the general list of Fantastico scripts in cpanel, excluding Fantastico itself smile.gif
- SSH can be enabled on all domains, no matter it is a reseller or a shared hosting account.
- Shared ssl - available
- Modify an Account - means that a reseller can modify the following in WHM: Max Addon Domains, Max Parked Domains, Subdomains, FTP accounts, Max Mailing Lists,
Sql Databases.
- Yes, SSH can become disabled after upgrading an account, so you'll have to reanable it in this case.
- 24/7 phone support is expected in 2 months, but now we have 24/7 support tickets(which are in my opinion prior to phone calls), e-mail, live chat and aim/icq/msn. Besides, we can call you in case it is urgent and cannot be solvedby other means of communnication.
- Hostony is in business for 4 years already.
- WHM/CPanel/HELM demo is available HERE
To feel that you get really great support please try to understand(but I am sure you do understand that) that you are working/communicating with people, not machines.
Be sure to provide all the required information which is needed to solve your problem, i.e. mainly these are your account details, passwords, and of course your domain name. As far as good support is concerned - try to trat them the way you want to be treated by them, and they will pay you back with the same coin. This is a golden rule.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here