Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Account closed for server load: How do I open it?
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
flickerfly
My account with domain linuxbiometrics.com has been disabled because I experienced a surprise slashdotting. My CMS software has a way to handle this easily, page caching. In 1 minute I could check the box and get caching runing again, but I need the account to be enabled. I'm willing to work around things as needed, even point my DNS records elsewhere while I resolve it. I have yet to be told what I need to do to get this re-enabled. All I have been able to get the techs to say is that my account overloaded the server. I know that. How do I get it re-enabled?

1 minutes time and the load issue would be resolved. I was prepared for this last time I got slashdotted and it was fine. I know exactly what to do. I only need access.

I tried the ticket system and it has been slow on response and no telling me much. I tried the live chat thing with the same problems. It's nearly off the page of slashdot now so there won't be nearly as much traffic anyway.
flickerfly
It's been over 5 hours since my ticket and I haven't even been able to figure out the answer to this question, "how do I get my account re-enabled?"
flickerfly
It has been re-enabled. Thank you. It remains a mystery as to what the policy is, but it is there.
Lehrer
You are welcome. Please try to be more careful next time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here