Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: service question, longer-term plans
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
monica
Suppose I sign-up with you for a four-year term... and 2 years down the line I experience too many problems (my site/account/email is down or hasa problem for a month, for exmaple), what are your refund policies or usual practices..
Can I cancel at some point and get a refund, if it is due to dissatisfaction.
Is there some kind of guarantee?

Just wondering whether a longer-term plan is safe enough...
THANKS!
Lehrer
QUOTE(monica @ Jul 7 2005, 02:02 PM)
Suppose I sign-up with you for a four-year term... and 2 years down the line I experience too many problems (my site/account/email is down or hasa problem for a month, for exmaple), what are your refund policies or usual practices..
Can I cancel at some point and get a refund, if it is due to dissatisfaction.
Is there some kind of guarantee?

Just wondering whether a longer-term plan is safe enough...
THANKS!

Dear Monica, you can get a refund at any point for the unused term of hosting service.
QUOTE(Lehrer @ Jul 7 2005, 03:14 PM)
Dear Monica, you can get a refund at any point for the unused term of hosting service.

And if there are existing customers, what should i do with them?
refer them back to hostony ?
or we (hostony and me) silently changes the hosting to you all..

And do we get commisions for 'refering' them to you? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
MartinB
you can make money with the Affilliate program of hostony, for example, you can see that if you click in the banner at my signature, and order a plan, you will make me a rich boy ... try it! i will let you know if it work biggrin.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif
Lehrer
And if there are existing customers, what should i do with them?
refer them back to hostony ?
or we (hostony and me) silently changes the hosting to you all..

And do we get commisions for 'refering' them to you? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Well, basically you'll have to deal with your customers on your own. You can take them away with you, in case you leave, but you can also try the affiliate program as Martin says. But I think you are quite a pessimist. Just observe our user policy, do not overload the server and you won't have any major problems with your hosting.

Lehrer
QUOTE(Lehrer @ Jul 8 2005, 05:30 AM)
Well, basically you'll have to deal with your customers on your own. You can take them away with you, in case you leave, but you can also try the affiliate program as Martin says. But I think you are quite a pessimist. Just observe our user policy, do not overload the server and you won't have any major problems with your hosting.
Lehrer

Yea...but i dont think you wanna blame me eh...cos i am saving up from my teeny meeeny salary to get a reseller package..and surely i wanna make sure everything goes ok...its not tat i am not confident with hostony..just myself..

btw...i heard that, if i runs a forum site, and i have 50 users online simultanously, that is already considered over loading...right?

As for mblendinger, dont worry, once i am ready to sign up, i will remind the personwho register for me to go thru ur link. wink.gif
doing you a good deed might bring back something good for myself.
MartinB
QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 8 2005, 02:08 PM)
As for mblendinger, dont worry, once i am ready to sign up, i will remind the personwho register for me to go thru ur link. wink.gif
doing you a good deed might bring back something good for myself.

biggrin.gif
Lehrer
btw...i heard that, if i runs a forum site, and i have 50 users online simultanously, that is already considered over loading...right?

you know, many companies don't allow their shared hosting customers to host forums, because they can overload the system. Believe me, it is not very often when you have 50 users online simultaneously smile.gif. But in case it happens, it shouldn't really overload the system or bring it down.
i am not sure bout that tho...
i had an hosting before...on a shared basis

he told me, if i have 5k and above of ppls registered to my site...they can consider of sponsoring me my bandwidth

but in their TOC, they says if 50 users simul online...they gonna suspend the acc...
just not sure what they trying to tell me
Lehrer
but in their TOC, they says if 50 users simul online...they gonna suspend the acc...
just not sure what they trying to tell me

They mean that this can create overloads for the server.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here