Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Domain Expired :(
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Webslave
Hello,

I made the unpleasant suprise today while opening my website to see another website there. A site making money with search results, and a link that says my domain has expired. I lost customers today sad.gif

I haven't posted in here since over 10 months, everything was working fine. But usually webhosters inform before the domain account will expire and ask for repayment etc. But i got nothing, maybe also a request for you to do this in future, it will also help you improve. Or maybe in future that will teach me to have the domains with godaddy...

So, i contacted live support and they told me to remake the payment, so i did this and they set up a new account for me instead of getting the domain working again with the old account. So my question is, can't you get this sorted out that my domain works again with the old files/old account ? Or is it possible for you to copy the files from the old account to my new account ?

All of this wouldn't have happened if a simple update was possible. Reuploading my files will be a tedious process as it amounts to 3 GBs. Sorry for the inconvenience, hope you understand and respond quick.

I also sent a Trouble Ticket, but the response i get: "cannot access your FTP right now, try uploading the files yourself". Ok. But, it would be a great favour if you could just shift my files from the old to the new, or get the old one working. I ask one more time for your cooperation and understanding.

Contact me via PM if possible.
Dima
Dear customer, I've just terminated your new account and increased your webspace to 7 gb and your bandwidth to 100 Gb.
Webslave
Thanks for the help. Lets see if everthing works out fine the coming days and i'll be still a happy hostony customer wink.gif
LLSCmrf
Hi,

I have EXACTLY the same problem. My domain takes me to another page with some search results. I sent a support ticket and I was told to email billing and I know for sure I have at least a week left on my contract. My domain is kayak24-7.com.

Can you please check it out

Thanks

Edit: It now takes me to Hostonys web page.
Webslave
Hi LLSCmrf,

They solved my problem yesterday afternoon. Did you talk to them on live chat ?
But there is another problem, i got mail from hostony that says my domain is "LOCKED",
but so far everything is working fine, but Hostony is tellig me unlock the domain so that they can transfer it properly, i responded to your mail but i'm unclear about why to "UNLOCK" and howto ?
Lehrer
QUOTE(LLSCmrf @ Jul 7 2005, 08:02 AM)
Hi,

I have EXACTLY the same problem. My domain takes me to another page with some search results. I sent a support ticket and I was told to email billing and I know for sure I have at least a week left on my contract. My domain is kayak24-7.com.

Can you please check it out

Thanks

Edit: It now takes me to Hostonys web page.

Dear customer, your domain kayak24-7.com is showing up ok already. We are sorry for the inconveniences.
Lehrer
Hostony is tellig me unlock the domain so that they can transfer it properly, i responded to your mail but i'm unclear about why to "UNLOCK" and howto ?

To transfer your domain to us you are to unlock your domain at your current domain name registrar.
Webslave
To transfer your domain to us you are to unlock your domain at your current domain name registrar.

Thats you guys. I bought this domain with you last year. so, actually because it expired, its been tranfered from you to you again, from z555 or something like that. So, you getting my point here ?
Dima
I've just unlocked your domain smile.gif
Webslave
Just a little worry here, will the same thing happen again or will you inform me sometime in advance to renew my account and keep the domain registered for me ?

And another question, when a domain has expired, can someone else buy it in that moment ?
Lehrer
Webslave,
1) As you know we have an automatic system that renews our domains. But it sometimes happens so, that this or that domain is not updated. It is very hard for us to keep an eye on every domain we have, as we really have lots of them. I believe it is much easier for you to control your domain yourself. You just remember the date when the domain is about to expire and we'll update it manually to avoid any downtimes.

2) Even if your domain has expired, noone can buy it for a certain period of time, for about a month at least I suppose. Moreover, the owner of the domain has an advantage to buy it again, if there are other candidates for it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here