Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gallery
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
hastalavidas
I read http://forum.hostony.com/index.php?showtopic=3781 and I was curious about Gallery 1.5 (http://gallery.sf.net/article.php?sid=156). It says it is available for windows servers, do you have netpbm or imagemagick installed on the windows servers?
Should I place a ticket for this?

Matt
hastalavidas
OK, I downloaded it, moved it to the webserver, and while most everything in the configuration works, I did get the following messages during setup:
  1. Gallery highly recommends that the PHP option 'register_globals' be turned off, for security purposes. Some software, notably the 'Geeklog' CMS, requires that 'register_globals' be enabled.

Serious Warning!

The PHP option 'register_globals' is enabled on your server. Gallery highly recommends that you disable 'register_globals' unless it is required by software on your site. Gallery does not officially support 'register_globals' being enabled, and will attempt to disable it internally.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
  2. Allow the Gallery .htaccess file to set application specific configuration options for the Gallery application. This is controlled by the webserver owner so it's not always possible for you to change it. The main drawbacks to not having this are that you may not be able to upload files > 2MB (e.g. big ZIP files or movies).

Warning!

Apache is not obeying the 'php_value' lines in your .htaccess file. Try entering the following into your web server's httpd.conf file:

<Directory C:\Domains\hastalavidas.com\wwwroot\gallery>
    AllowOverride Options FileInfo
    </Directory>

If you are running PHP in CGI mode, this message is unavoidable.
  3. Check to see if magic quotes are enabled on your PHP server. If they're on, you may notice strange behavior if you put ' (single-quote), " (double quote) or \ (backslash) characters in titles or captions in Gallery.

Warning!

Magic quotes are on. Your webserver administrator can turn them off by putting :

magic_quotes_gpc = Off

in your php.ini file.
  4. Check to see if your webserver is compiled with mod_rewrite. This Apache module allows Gallery to use shorter URLs that are easier to read and look nicer when you mail them to your web-challenged relatives. It's not an essential feature.

Warning!

Either mod_rewrite is not installed or your .htaccess file is not enabled (see above). Either way, we'll have to use longer URLs in the Gallery. If you want to turn it on, first make sure that your .htaccess file is being obeyed. If it still doesn't work, you may need to reconfigure and rebuild Apache with this flag:

--enable-module=rewrite
  5. Check to see if NetPBM is installed so that Gallery can manipulate images (rotate, resize, make thumbnails, etc.). You only need to have either NetPBM or ImageMagick installed.

Warning

Missing optional binary pnmcomp.exe. Without pnmcomp and pamcomp gallery will not be able to watermark images, unless you use ImageMagick and have the composite binary installed.

12 of 13 NetPBM binaries located.
  6. Check to see if ImageMagick is installed so that Gallery can manipulate images (rotate, resize, make thumbnails, etc.). You only need to have either ImageMagick or NetPBM installed.

Warning

Missing optional binary composite.exe. Without composite gallery will not be able to watermark images, except you use NetPBM and have the pnmcomp binary installed.

2 of 3 ImageMagick binaries located.
  7. Check to see if jhead is installed so that Gallery can examine EXIF headers embedded in images created with most digital cameras.

Warning

I can't find jhead. If it's installed and not in the path of the webserver user that's OK—you can specify the path by hand on the following page. If it's not installed, you can install it yourself. Jhead is a public domain EXIF parser. Source, linux binaries, and windows binaries can be found at the jhead homepage.
  8. Check to see if jpegtran is installed so that Gallery can perform lossless rotations on JPEG images.

Warning

I can't find jpegtran. If it's installed and not in the path of the webserver user that's OK—you can specify the path by hand on the following page. If it's not installed, you can install it yourself. Jpegtran is a free tool distributed by the Independent JPEG Group as part of libjpeg. Source may be found at the IJG homepage. Binaries may be found at the JPEG Club website or in the libjpeg package of Linux distributions.
Alexandre
ImageMagick is installed on the windows server.
hastalavidas
Hello,

Thanks for that information, I've specified I'll be using imagemagick with gallery, but it is asking me for a path to ImageMagick. Would you be able to provide that to me?

Also, should I assume I don't have to worry about the other 6 errors that I pasted? 2 of them were in regards to netpbm and imagemagick, but the other 6 were unrelated. Only one was a 'serious warning', though.

Thanks
Matt
hastalavidas
I found the path at http://forum.hostony.com/index.php?showtop...indpost&p=16998 but after uploading my first files I got the following:

Warning: exec(): Unable to fork [/Program Files/ImageMagick-5.5.7-Q8/convert.exe/convert -version]in C:\Domains\hastalavidas.com\wwwroot\gallery\util.php on line 2444

Warning: exec(): Unable to fork ["\Program Files\ImageMagick-5.5.7-Q8\convert.exe\convert" -quality 90 -size 150x150 -coalesce \domains\hastalavidas.com\wwwroot\gallery\albums\MiscTest\Pig_002.jpg -geometry 150x150 \domains\hastalavidas.com\wwwroot\gallery\albums\MiscTest\Pig_002.thumb.jpg] in C:\Domains\hastalavidas.com\wwwroot\gallery\platform\fs_win32.php on line 189

Error: Unable to make thumbnail (0)

Is it possible a newer version of imagemagick was installed and there is a different path now?
Lehrer
hastalavidas, Image magic has not been updated on your server lately.
hastalavidas
Thanks Lehrer! So I have the right path, but it just isn't working.
Any idea what else I can try or should I just use a different image program?
Matt
Lehrer
Dear Matt, please try now and confirm if it works already.
hastalavidas
Hi Lehrer,

I just tried uploading 5 pictures into it, and for each I got the same response (except for the image name difference):
Warning: exec(): Unable to fork [/Program Files/ImageMagick-5.5.7-Q8/convert.exe/convert -version]in C:\Domains\hastalavidas.com\wwwroot\gallery\util.php on line 2444

Warning: exec(): Unable to fork ["\Program Files\ImageMagick-5.5.7-Q8\convert.exe\convert" -quality 90 -size 150x150 -coalesce \domains\hastalavidas.com\wwwroot\gallery\albums\MiscTest\roch.jpg -geometry 150x150 \domains\hastalavidas.com\wwwroot\gallery\albums\MiscTest\roch.thumb.jpg] in C:\Domains\hastalavidas.com\wwwroot\gallery\platform\fs_win32.php on line 189

Error: Unable to make thumbnail (0)

Right now I'm looking at other gallery programs I could use, I just tried this due to some high recommendations I got for it

Matt
Lehrer
Make sure you are using the same version as we do: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/imagema...ll.exe?download
hastalavidas
Thanks Lehrer smile.gif Honestly I feel very dumb here (though I am new at this), I didn't download my own copy, I just referenced yours!

I'll try it tonight when I get out of work, hopefully that will do it! I'm looking at an asp gallery right now as well that can use a number of different resizing components (do you have "ASP.Net Resizer" or "ASPJpeg" installed?) instead of imagemagick, so if I can't get gallery to work I'll just use that (gallery is more meant for linux, but I thought I'd try it on windows).

I'll let you know how it goes tonight (about 5 hours), and if you could let me know about either of those components that would be perfect! Thanks again for the great support!

Matt
Lehrer
do you have "ASP.Net Resizer" or "ASPJpeg" installed?

No, we do not have those modules.
hastalavidas
Hi Lehrer,

I did end up copying over the same version files to my site, and after changing the settings to point to that directory I still got the same error. My research on that 'Unable to fork' error suggests it may be an issue of the PHP version, as that error seems common with ImageMagick.

I'm trying a different photo program now, I will place a trouble ticket to get some directory permissions changed so I can use that.

Thanks again for the great support
Matt
Lehrer
Sorry to hear that, Matt. good luck with installing a different gallery.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here