Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blacklisted again
Hostony Board > General Support > Mail
franz
See http://www.mail-abuse.com/cgi-bin/lookup?70.84.105.196 ...

Many of my users are not receiving their email.

How much is it for a unique IP address, per month?
Alexandre
We've contacted mail-abuse.com.

The serevr will be removed from the blacklist ASAP.

A Dedicated IP costs $3/month
franz
Thank you!
Lehrer
You are welcome, franz.
franz
Okay...I finally got my unique IP address. However, the mail from my mailing lists still originates from the old IP address. Can you help me find a way to send mail from my mailing lists that originates from my IP address?
Lehrer
Dear franz, please tell me your domain name.
franz
Lehrer,

I have PM'ed you with the domain as requested. Thank you for responding!

-Franz
franz
I haven't heard anything since I sent you the requested information.

Do you have any suggestions or things you could try to make the mailing lists work properly for me and my userbase?
franz
Message Forwarded From franz

Lehrer,

This is 'franz' from the Forums.  In the 'Mail' threads, you requested the domain name for which I asked for a unique IP address so that I could avoid the blacklisting problems.

The domain name is '<snipped domainname>' and it is located on server28.

Thanks,

-Franz

Dear Franz, your account was moved to a newer server already, and it has got a dedicated IP already:

Answer:

Domain Type Class TTL Answer
<snipped domainname>. A IN 14400 70.85.119.<snipped>
<snipped domainname>. NS IN 14400 dns.hostony.com.
<snipped domainname>. NS IN 14400 dns.hostony.org.

Thank you for telling me what I already know.

My question is HOW DO I GET EMAIL FROM MY SITE TO ORIGINATE FROM MY NEW IP ADDRESS!! mad.gif
dholden
Franz, the only way you can get email to be sent from a dedicated IP address is to have a dedicated server. There is only one email server per server, so if you are sharing your server with other users (web sites) you will ALL use the same shared IP address for your email. I know this because I went through the same problem with another host. We ordered an IP, and then after they told us it will still use the shared IP for mail anyway.

Dean
MartinB
(I think than somebody will kick something.)
franz
It's the answer I pretty much expected, especially once all the staff here evaded the question. It's only taken me how many months to get an answer? And even then it is from a kind fellow customer, not from the staff who could give me a definite answer.

I have to scratch my head and wonder what the unique IP address can be used for on a shared server, then? unsure.gif
Lehrer
Franz, a dedicated IP is faster than a shared one, as you alone use it. A dedicated Ip also needed when you need a secure connection to one of your pages through https.
gamanel
Thank you guys for saving me some money.
I am tired of bouncing mails all over and I was going to get a dedicated IP, but after your information I must do something else.
MartinB
QUOTE(Lehrer @ Oct 26 2005, 01:23 PM)
Franz, a dedicated IP is faster than a shared one, as you alone use it. A dedicated Ip also needed when you need a secure connection to one of your pages through https.

if i get a dedicated ip, my website will load faster ? huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here