Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I need more hotlinking advice, sorry
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
bpgisme
Hi everyone... I'm still wrestling with the hotlinking problem, and I'll tell you the truth, it all seems to boil down to a place called "myspace.com". I have actually renamed an image four times now and every time this teenage girl has gone back to the site and gotten the link to it again. I just emailed myspace.com, but I don't know if they can do anything. What I'd really like is for myspace.com requests to be refused. Is there a way to do that? I really don't want to have to turn on hotlink protection because my whole family posts links to images all over, but these people at myspace.com are really getting on my nerves. Any advice out there?

Thank you! biggrin.gif
-Bonnie
bpgisme
Ha ha! I think (I hope) I answered my own question. I used the IP deny manager in cPanel....

-Bonnie

-Nope.... Aw heck.... Still need help. sad.gif
I got this:

Sorry. you did not enter a valid ip address, or the domainname you entered could not be resolved to an ip address!
Niels
Try with .htacces, im to sleepy to explain, just ripped this from google ph34r.gif

1.  Save a backup of your .htaccess. Save it as .htaccess2 for example. If you run into problems, you can upload your backup copy to the server.
2. Open the file and enter:
      RewriteEngine On
      RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://(www\.)?example\.com/ [NC
      RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^$
      RewriteRule \.(jpe?g|gif|bmp|png)$ images/nohotlink.jpg [L]3. Change example to your own domain name in the second line above.
4. Create an image called nohotlink.jpg. This is the image that will display when someone tries to hotlink to any of your images.
5. Upload your new .htaccess file and your image.

I hope that helps you a bit
Cheers
bpgisme
Thanks Niels... I'll give it a try.

-Bonnie
Lehrer
Bonnie, what is the status of your problem?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here