Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Questions about ips and multiple domains
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
DroidDr
Hi,

I want more then 1 domain hosted.
- I have a .name that I will use for email and for a personal web page.

-I have a .com that will be an online store.

If I don't have a dedicated IP for each, is it an issue? Will it affect search engine hits in any way?

Will a shared IP affect email sending/receiving for each domain?

Basically I want my personal (.name) email to be separate from the .com store.

I know that I need to change the name servers at my registrar for hostony to successfuly host my domains. Does it cost more to have 2 or more domains active on my account?

What are the sizes of the email inboxes?

Your company seems based in the UK, I am in Canada. Will it affect access speeds for people that access my sites from north america?

Scuse me if these are 'newbie' questions but I am new to hosting.
Best wishes!
Lehrer
Dear customer,

1) If you wish to host an online shop, you'll surely need a dedicated IP and a SSL certificate for that.

2) You do not need dedicated IPs for both domains

3) A shared IP won't affect your mail sending much, it will be functioning not worse than that of a dedicated IP.

4) The e-mail boxes are unlimited for Linux accounts, while windows accounts are of 10 MB size.

5) The fact that our company is based in the UK surely won't affect the speed access for people all over the world

Lehrer
QUOTE(Lehrer @ Jun 17 2005, 05:01 AM)
Dear customer,

1) If you wish to host an online shop, you'll surely need a dedicated IP and a SSL certificate for that.

2) You do not need dedicated IPs for both domains

3) A shared IP won't affect your mail sending much, it will be functioning not worse than  that of a dedicated IP.

4) The e-mail boxes are unlimited for Linux accounts, while windows accounts are of 10 MB size.

5) The fact that our company is based in the UK surely won't affect the speed access for people all over the world
Lehrer

Pah stupid Linux lol!!!!! biggrin.gif
Lehrer
It's just at the first sight. It is a rather well-balanced and functioonal OS. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here