Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sorry, not leaving quietly.
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Jack Hertz
I haven't posted here in a few months and I don't know if anyone is still able to see my posts from before either. Regardless though, they followed along the lines of my website being down and randomly losing databases (wake up to check my sites databases are gone).

The uptime average for the month was dropping under 50%. Though I did not have that on record from a corresponding website to check uptime.

Because of my frustrations and my clients frustrations at the time because of the lack of uptime we were in a bind. All I wanted to do was leave. So, I tried to leave.. but I wanted the domain I registered back (this is leading into something that isn't a valid complaint).

I asked hostony to unlock my domain so I could successfully transfer it to registerfly.com (where I was moving all my domains to) in exchange for me leaving quietly. They agreed and I checked if they unlocked it and sure enough, they did. However, the verification email went to a different email z777@z777.com or some weird email like that. The other domains were a pain to remove.

After that there was silence.

What did it matter though, it was giong to expire in a few months so I thought i'd wait it out... and I did and asked the billing department not to bill me again.

Well, somehow I recieved another year on my domain name. (must have been free?).. I'll know later.

It's true, I thought I would be able to leave. I sent a friendlier support ticket asking what it would take to move it.. they said $14.85.. (and then it's $8 on registerfly). It doesn't help that I'm in a money bind. On a sidenote, it was and is indeed in the terms and conditions which I didn't read fully and just skimmed through.

Regardless. I'm paying that amount and getting out of here.

It is with my deepest regrets that we couldn't figure something out so I don't have to make you guys out to be one of the worst hosting companies I've been with, and publicly advertise this fact alone.

There is nothing that you can do that will change what I do now. This relationship of ours is beyond repair.

Sorry.
Igor
Dear Jack,
We really regret that you have encounterd such problems but you see the thing is, that you have been having your domain on a shared server and occasionally downtimes are possible, as there are quite a few people having their domains on the same server and as a result the server might get overloaded. One more thing you need to bear in mind, that when we state 99% uptime guarantee it means for the period during one year. Frankly speaking, we can't understand either why the verificatin email went to a different address, but you should understand that this email had been sent not by us, but a registrar company.
We haven't had such cases in the past.
Again we are really sorry that this matter has happened and we do hope that after our billing department will settle down all the necessary issues regarding your accounts, you might change your point of view upon our company.
Jack Hertz
We really regret that you have encounterd such problems but you see the thing is, that you have been having your domain on a shared server and occasionally downtimes are possible
I've been on shared hosting now for the last 3 months, but there are no such downtimes. The servers are faster, (friggen fast type f
aster), and response times constantly under 1 minute (usually within the seconds).

Okay I lied.. there was this one time a month ago it took 3 minutes almost.

"One more thing you need to bear in mind, that when we state 99% uptime guarantee it means for the period during one year."
50% of a month is about 15 days in the whole 365 days a year.

If the year was 100 days it would be 15%
if the year was 200 dyas it would be. 7.5%
if the year was 400 days it would be 3.75%
If the year has 365 days it would be 4.1% downtime.

This is assuming the uptime for the rest of the year was 100%

It's true when I signed up and started experience the outages I stuck around and waiting in knowing that sometimes hosting companies go through a little trouble. This trouble lasted for months and never stopped.

you might change your point of view upon our company.

errrm. no. Sorry. You guys had your chance.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here