Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: demo account
Hostony Board > Cpanel/WebHost Manager support > Cpanel/WHM Issues
dingfelder
I would like to add a demo cpanel account for people to see what they can do with cpanel but not make changes.

Is this something people have commonly done in the past? I have see other ISPs offer such a demo area for people to peek at what there is to offer.

But I am not sure what functionality would be enabled vs what would be locked.

Thoughts?
JasonJones
why not make it easy for yourself, go through and setup a Cpanel how you want it to be seen, save the html/image etc. then just link the submit buttons and all the buttons that process changes to a redirect to the main cpanel page? This would be far easier, and a lot less stress on the server. Cpanel takes up a lot of resources, and if you have 4-5 people "playing" in your cpanel demo its really going to impact the server more than it should. Also you always are open to security holes. I'd stick them up static myself.

Jason
Slavik
Besides you can provide people with the following demo tutorial
http://help.hostony.com and they'll see what they can do with cpanel.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
MartinB
You can use WebHost Manager's demo mode feature to turn any account into a demo account. A demo account restricts a user's ability to alter files and folders, but still appears to be fully functional.

To enable or disable demo mode:

1. Click on the Disable or Enable Demo Mode link in the Account Functions menu.

2. Click on the required domain or user name in the displayed list and click on the Modify button.

3. Click on the Enable button to enable demo mode or click on the Disable button to disable demo mode.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here