Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some pre-purchase hosting questions!
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Thalia
Hi! I'm currently shopping around for a good web host, and this looks promising so far. But I have some questions....

-Firstly (and ost importantly) do you take international orders? I am in the UK- is this a problem?

-Can I see your Terms of Service/Terms and Conditions? I can't seem to find it anywhere, and I need to see t before making any decisions....?

-Will you place ad banners or popups of any kind on my web pages?

-Are there limits on the size and type of files that I can upload? I am an artist and animator looking to build a portfolio site to showcase artwork, writing, short animations and computer game design projects, this will include large image files, .AVI video files and possibly .zip files?

-Are there limits on how many files I can upload per day/week/month?

-Some hosts include a clause in the small print stating that they have the right to freely use or distribute any content that I upload. Obviously I do not want my work distributed without my permission, so is this the case with your web hosting packages?

-Can you explain the 'free' domain name offer to me. Am I right in thinking that this is only for the first twelve months if I pay yearly, and I will have to pay the full price when I renew it next year? (that's the case for most web hosts and I expect it- i'm just asking because i don't want any surprise bills!)

-Will I get a warning by email when I begin to run out of space or if my bandwidth goes over the limit? (not likely, but i'd rather know.) Or will you just charge me?
Also, will I be notified when I need to renew the web space/domain name?

Apologies for the interrogation, just trying to be thourough so I don't get any nasty surpises later..... sorry! unsure.gif

Thanks very much!
--Thalia
Alexandre
-Firstly (and ost importantly) do you take international orders? I am in the UK- is this a problem?
Yes, we accept these kind of the orders.
-Can I see your Terms of Service/Terms and Conditions? I can't seem to find it anywhere, and I need to see t before making any decisions....?

http://hostony.com/terms.html
-Will you place ad banners or popups of any kind on my web pages?
No, we shall not.
-Are there limits on the size and type of files that I can upload? I am an artist and animator looking to build a portfolio site to showcase artwork, writing, short animations and computer game design projects, this will include large image files, .AVI video files and possibly .zip files?

There are no limits on the size and type of files that you can upload.
-Are there limits on how many files I can upload per day/week/month?
There is only limit on your account's diskspace and bandwidth.
-Some hosts include a clause in the small print stating that they have the right to freely use or distribute any content that I upload. Obviously I do not want my work distributed without my permission, so is this the case with your web hosting packages?

Your work won't be distributed without your permission.
-Can you explain the 'free' domain name offer to me. Am I right in thinking that this is only for the first twelve months if I pay yearly, and I will have to pay the full price when I renew it next year? (that's the case for most web hosts and I expect it- i'm just asking because i don't want any surprise bills!)
Your "free domain" will be renewed for free next year.
-Will I get a warning by email when I begin to run out of space or if my bandwidth goes over the limit? (not likely, but i'd rather know.) Or will you just charge me?

You'll get warning email when you are reached 80% of your diskspace, bandwidth, etc

In this case our billing department will contact you ASAP.

You are welcome. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here