Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: uptime gauruntee
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
dingfelder
I tried to respond to another topic that talked about this issue but it was locked:

http://forum.hostony.com/index.php?showtop...t=0&#entry20108

In that post, larryg asked:

the web site says that Hostony has a 99% uptime guarantee, which according to my calculation means that in one month, which equals 30x24 = 720 hours, Hostony can be down 1% of the time for a total of 7.2 hous, or 7 hours and 12 minutes.

What happens if their service is down for longer than 7 hours and 12 minutes per month?

Would surely like to know.
The response was given by Dima:

I'd like to tell you that the hostony service is never down for more than 7 hours per month. In case it'll happen we can offer either one month of free hosting or one level up upgrade of your hosting plan.

Best regards, Dmitriy Reznichenko

Hostony support department biggrin.gif

I'm re-asking this question because of the problems this month caused by the php changes.

As Larry pointed out, the service can be down 7 hours and 12 minutes and still be within the 1% fault rate.

Because of the changes though, all my sites were completely down for WAY over the allotted time.
In fact, they were way past the 7 hours just after the first week of the month.

So, what is the process for getting credit or a bump up in service? (I think the bump up in service is a better deal)
Slavik
Please open a trouble ticket for this issue and we'll resolve it issue.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
MartinB
hummmm... Interesting point of view ... i have had a lot of websites down for more than 1 day due the php changes......... .mmmmmmm... i want a ferrari for each site down cool.gif cool.gif
JasonJones
QUOTE(mblendinger @ Jun 13 2005, 03:10 PM)
hummmm... Interesting point of view ...  i have had a lot of websites down for more than 1 day due the php changes......... .mmmmmmm... i want a ferrari for each site down  cool.gif  cool.gif

Sure you can have a Ferrari for each one, but the only ones left are the ugly ones... brown, and the one painted like a cow. take your pick.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here