Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Every site I host is throwing errors
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
pwsolutions
Is this due to that PHP change that many others have discovered? Yes, the sites were working last night. Please help me understand what the issue is so it can be resolved.

http://www.rrus.org/
http://www.pwsolutions.net/
etc...
Dark Hedgehog
You aren't the only one, I haven't even gotten a response back yet.
Niels
Dark Hedgehog - i think you have a problem with your scripts not running on the new php-cgi , if i knew how to fix it i would help you.

pwsolutions - i dont think you have the same problem becous you are getting a 500 error, mabye they are recompiling php on your machine and something went wrong, if that happend then they are working on it now.

Good luck guys, i hope it gets resolved soon.
Cheers,
Niels
Dark Hedgehog
Oh great, i'm f*ed..
MartinB
I'm getting a 500 error in the Administration area of a Mambo Open Source of a customer.
http://softergolf.com/main/administrator/

What changes need they do according to the recent php changes?

thanks in advance.
Niels
Hi mblendinger,

First to make it clear i dont have these problems and i never heard of php running as cgi before you guys had these problems.

As far is i know we are still runing php as a module.

I had some time to kill and did a bit of research about this problem, it seems that some url rewrite scripts have trouble with php as cgi.

Dark Hedgehog is having problems with his phpnuke script wich sometimes come with a rewrite script/file and your mambo also comes with SE frienly urls i believe.

I could not find any quick solutions, and i could be wrong about all of this, whatever it is its something small cous alot of hosting companies run php-cgi for security reasons.

my 0.2$ , Good luck guys, lets hope support can fix your problems asap sad.gif

Cheers,
Niels
Dark Hedgehog
I am not running phpnuke, I am running a different CMS, its called ocPortal.

And my adult portion runs Mambo, as with that, both CMS's run mod_rewrite.

And my adult mambo runs well.
Niels
It seems your site is up again Dark Hedgehog, Now i see its ocportal, google's cache wasnt uptodate i gues.

Most importand thing its up and running. laugh.gif

Cheers
Slavik
If you have problems with the sites please open a trouble ticket
Dark Hedgehog
QUOTE(Niels @ Jun 4 2005, 10:25 PM)
It seems your site is up again Dark Hedgehog, Now i see its ocportal, google's cache wasnt uptodate i gues.

Most importand thing its up and running. laugh.gif

Cheers

Yeah, I don't know what happened, but, i'm glad its working again tongue.gif
Transverse Styles
PHP is running as a CGI module.

This will cause problem with a poorly coded scripts, however it is much more secure.
pwsolutions
QUOTE(Slavik @ Jun 4 2005, 10:46 PM)
If you have problems with the sites please open a trouble ticket

This is helpful. I've opened a general support ticket in FineDesk.

The scripts are not poorly coded. But even if they were, I fail to see how a file containing only this would throw an error:

CODE
<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Yet, error out it does.

Interestingly enough, when I SSH to the server and run the following from the command line:

CODE
php phpinfo.php

which is the file containing the the code above, it outputs perfectly to the console. However, adding the path to PHP at the top of the file as such:

CODE
#!/usr/local/bin/php
<?php phpinfo(); ?>

has no affect whatsoever. Unless I've somehow got the path to PHP wrong which is doubtful.

Looking forward to this being resolved as all my domains are currently hosed.
Transverse Styles
PHP is a CGI module. You can't use command line.
trevlix
This is happening to me too and I just opened a support ticket. I don't have any PHP on my main page so I don't think its the PHP thing that is affecting me.

Did anyone figure out the root cause of this?
MartinB
Well, i think the process with suexec will be a little stressed (i'm detecting errors in a lot of my customers websites day to day).

But i think all will be fine soon, and it's for a better service.

-- starting tickets flood -- biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here