Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Online gaming question.
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Guest_JNS3242_*
My contract with my current hosting provider is about to expire and I am shopping for a new one..This seems like a good company but I got just a couple of questions.

What is your restrictions for online gaming forums (not the game itself)? Several hosts I have checked out do not allow it. My site will be a online game web based league with forums.

2nd question is ftp file transfer. A few of the host providers do not allow multible file or directory upload/downloads using external programs such as cuteftp. Does your company allow this?

That should cover me for now..Thanks in advance.
Lehrer
Dear customer,
1) we'll allow you to host your forum but only in case it won't overload the server. In other case you'll have to buy a virtual dedicated server.

2) you can upload your files/directories no problem, using any FTP client
Guest_JNS3242_*
I doubt very seriously that I will even hit 50gb of bandwidth a month (I have been running on 15gb with my current host).. That answered my question..thank you very much.
MartinB
keep in mind the processor/memory resources too, not just the monthly bandwidth.
If your forum need a lot of inserts/querys in the mysql database per minute, maybe you can fall in the "Server Overloader" category smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here