Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rude support
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
bre
Why are support people so rude on ICQ? I had a simple question. I got a Hello from Shurik and that was it. No other response. This happens a lot that I am ignored. A simple 'hold on' or 'I'm busy' or any other Goddamn response and I would wait, but nothing at all.

Then they get pissed off at us when we post things like this here. Hey, if you just were polite enough to reply on ICQ, I wouldn't do this.

And if you're busy, just say so. I don't expect you to drop everything for me, but a little common courtesy would be nice.
hybridg1rl
I'm a new member in here, but I've asked for help from the support team quite a few times already. i have never encountered anyone being rude at all.

Yeah, sure I had to wait a few minutes until I received an answer. But what do you expect? Imagine yourself in their place. How would you handle 3 or 4 diffferent messengers, with more than 5 people trying to ask for help with DIFFERENT problems, fixing them one by one, and there's only one support tech handling those at a time..

A little patience is what we all ask, really. Not answering doesn't mean they're being rude.. YOU are the one who should understand that they are working on so many different things for many different people at the same time. YOU're the one who needs to think with common sense about the whole thing. not attacking them and telling them how rude they were just because they can't really type 'hold on, ok!?' to you. They're only humans.. just like yourself.. not robots. Lets try to see how you'd like it if you had their job? Why not imagine yourself as a mother/father with 5 little kids whining all over you wanting, demanding different things with their annoying high pitch voices...

Before you decide to write such 'rude' post for the 'helpers' to read... think first!!

*shakes head* Some people.. The point is.. they will help you! They are there! A HELLO is a good enough response letting you know that they notice you!

I can't stand rude and ignorant people.
Lehrer
hybridg1rl, Thank you very much smile.gif

Bre, sorry anyways. We had some problems with apache on one of the servers, so just
imagine what is more essential: to write to 10 people that you are trying to fix something or just go and fix it meanwhile?

Lehrer
bre
hybridg1rl, why don't you mind your own goddamn business? When I'm in the middle of a conversation with someone and they just stop and ignore me, that's RUDE. A simple 'I'm busy' or 'Hold on' and I would realize that they are busy and I would wait.
Lehrer
Would you like to expand on this? I don't think it's worth it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here