Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Server Config
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
ANCorp
I just signed up for a VPS with your company after asking several questions.

I am not familiar with setting up servers, so I asked if you guys configure it. You said you did. Today I find that I have to go in and setup all the nameservers and ftp. I have dabbled in a few tutorials over the past few hours, but I do not want to mess something up and have to wait another day for it to be re-setup.

I have contacted support without a response as how to get my nameservers,ftp and mail server. I would like to have one of your staff set it up for me.

If this is possible for you to set it up, please make one of the emails SALES and have it forward to my account on gmail that was used to setup the hosting.

Any help would be appreciated.

The domain name is - American-Novelty.com

Thanks.
Lehrer
ANCorp, I recommend your upgrading for a cpanel VPS. Webmin cpanel is not very comfortable to use, though it is free. We'll set the firewall for you in any case. Though it would be much more reasonable to use a VPS with cpanel installed.
ANCorp
Okay. Where do I go to upgrade to Cpanel and how much does it cost?
Lehrer
ANCorp, it would cost you $10 extra. But believe me, it's worth it. Please have a look at your trouble ticket, which I updated several minutes ago.

Lehrer
ANCorp
I sent in an upgrade request.

Webmin..wow, even the tutorials wrote for it didn't seem to like it's setup.

I've used Cpanel in the past with regular hosting and setting up accounts, so hopefully this will be very user friendly.

Thanks for all your help!
ANCorp
Hey, I hate to be a bother, but how long will the upgrade to my account take?

I really have to have my site back up as soon as possible as it is a business website (hence the ancorp) and that's why I purchased a VPS.

Thanks.
Slavik
We'll tyr to do it ASAP.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
ANCorp
Did the upgrade come through yet?

Were all those IPs I supplied blocked?

Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here