Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Site is down
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Elpea
My site is down for most of the day, I'd reeeally like to know why.

http://elpea.net
MartinB
look like dns problems.
http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/lookup.ch?na...pea.net&type=NS

DNS Lookup: elpea.net NS record
Generated by www.DNSstuff.com

How I am searching:
Searching for elpea.net NS record at g.root-servers.net [192.112.36.4]: Got referral to E.GTLD-SERVERS.net. [took 284 ms]
Searching for elpea.net NS record at E.GTLD-SERVERS.net. [192.12.94.30]: Reports that no NS records exist. [took 71 ms]

Answer:
No NS records exist for elpea.net. [Neg TTL=172800 seconds]

Details:
E.GTLD-SERVERS.net. (an authoritative nameserver for net.) says that there are no NS records for elpea.net.
The E-mail address in charge of the net. zone is:  nstld@verisign-grs.com.

To see the DNS traversal, to make sure that all DNS servers are reporting the correct results, you can Click Here.

Note that these results are obtained in real-time, meaning that these are not cached results.
These results are what DNS resolvers all over the world will see right now (unless they have cached information).
Elpea
What could have caused that?
MartinB
i recommend you to open a trouble ticket.
Lehrer
Dear customer, the problem must be in root dns. The domain is pointed to the NS records correctly:

dig @dns.hostony.com. elpea.net

; <<>> DiG 9.2.4 <<>> @dns.hostony.com. elpea.net
;; global options: printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 22610
;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;elpea.net. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
elpea.net. 14400 IN A 70.84.105.196

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
elpea.net. 14400 IN NS dns.hostony.org.
elpea.net. 14400 IN NS dns.hostony.com.

;; Query time: 32 msec
;; SERVER: 67.15.111.43#53(dns.hostony.com.)
;; WHEN: Mon May 23 22:29:14 2005
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 101
---------------------------------
Please wait for several hours, and in case it is not up please submit a trouble ticket at support.hostony.com
Elpea
It's been down almost an entire day, since last night.
Lehrer
Dear Customer, the problem is not in our company, this is a K-level, root DNS bug, i.e it influenced in this case the extention .net
You'll have to wait now till the zones migrate, which can take up to 72 hours.
Elpea
Alright, thanks smile.gif
Lehrer
Elpea, you are always welcome. smile.gif
Elpea
Ok, it's been 3 days since it fist went down and nothing..

And today when I tried to reset my Cpanel password, I got this:
"Password change cannot be completed: Account is currently suspended! Please contact the billing/support department. ".

Can anyone help?
Slavik
Dear Luciano Pereira,
the thing is that we suspended your account because of the abuse - phishing site.
We've sent you an e-mail.If you haven't got the e-mail please contact us: support@hostony.com

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
Elpea
What the hell are you talking about?

My site hosts Age of Empires related fan work, and a personal PHP RPG game, nothing anybody would ever consider phishing.

Please reconsider or stop bullshitting me.

Thanks.
Lehrer
Elpea, we didn't want to publish it here, but if you speak about bulls, here is the complaint from our Data Centre:

Phishing site files.elpea.net/~btioman on 70.84.105.196
Existing Details: We have received reports of the above phishing site located on this server, however the page is currently 404 - please investigate, verify, and confirm that this is due to your actions. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!

--------------------------------------
All these files were
chmod -R 000 /home/elpeane/public_html/files
chown -R root:root /home/elpeane/public_html/files

Does it look like a joke?
Elpea
The files/folder he speaks of is a PUBLIC file upload script in which members of our community post scenarios (user made game maps), mods, images... etc, it's public for users of the community.

I said it's bullshit because the information you just gave me, wasn't given to me in the first place. Please actually check the site and see there's nothing wrong there.

please investigate, verify, and confirm
Try doing that next time.

Does it look like a joke?

No, jokes are funny, what you did is just sad.
Elpea
I got an email from Hostony saying my site was actually hacked, so thanks for the help, I hope you guys fix everything.

Sorry if I was rude, but please understand my point of view,

Elpea.
cronozer0
My site has been been many many times. I just switched to http://www.arxhosting.com.
They are much better.
Lehrer
QUOTE(Elpea @ May 26 2005, 09:17 PM)
I got an email from Hostony saying my site was actually hacked, so thanks for the help, I hope you guys fix everything.

Sorry if I was rude, but please understand my point of view,

Elpea.

Nevermind, sorry if I was rude too. Anyways, we have contacted our registrar company, and they are looking into the problem now.
Elpea
Can you guys please unsuspend my account now? Also, if you could please, give me the IP addy to my website so I can still use it (for personal scripts) while my domain still down.

Thanks,

-Elpea.
Elpea
I noticed this was ignored, please give me an answer smile.gif.
Lehrer
Elpea, I believe you'll have to file a complaint to your domain name registrar. We contacted them, but got no reply so far. They have blocked your root DNS, that is why your domain is not resolving. But there is one solution though. You can register a similar domain with us, and the problem will be resolved in 24-72 hours. What do you think about it?
Elpea
I *did* register with you guys, I got the domain with my package from you guys.

Holy crap dude, shouldn't you know this? tongue.gif
Lehrer
QUOTE(Elpea @ May 28 2005, 07:54 PM)
I *did* register with you guys, I got the domain with my package from you guys.

Holy crap dude, shouldn't you know this? tongue.gif

blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif
Elpea, with my all respect I know that you have a domain with us, please read the post above more attentively. I offer you how you can come out of this awkward situation, by registering another domain with us, because your current domain has been blocked by the registrar, and most likely they are not going to put it back to life. huh.gif
Please read the previous post more thoroughly.
Elpea
Ah, gotcha, sorry tongue.gif.

I'm not in that big of a rush, I just need it for now to test some of my scripts, so I ask again, can I have my account unsuspended as you guys now know that my website was hacked?

Thanks.
Slavik
Your account is active now.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
Elpea
Thaaank you smile.gif.
Slavik
You are welcome.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
Glide
WOW!

I can see that things haven't changed around here much since I left - Still unbelievably poor hosting and poor service.

I haven't had a single complaint since moving from here to our new host. Our sites stay up all the time - Email is up all the time. Less stress - Our customers are all happy. I'm still paid up for quite a few months here, so that gives me the right to come back and talk about how much greener the pastures are on the other side.

biggrin.gif <--- Always Happy Ex-Hostony Client

Glide
Lehrer
I can see that things haven't changed around here much since I left - Still unbelievably poor hosting and poor service.

I see you haven't changed too. Good luck in your green pastures anyways. biggrin.gif

Lehrer
bpgisme
laugh.gif

-Bonnie
Slavik
Glide,
I wish good luck to your new hosting company.
God bless them.
bpgisme
God bless them.

laugh.gif

-Bonnie
Slavik
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Lehrer
QUOTE(Slavik @ Jun 2 2005, 04:51 AM)
Glide,
I wish good luck to your new hosting company.
God bless them.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Elpea
Apparently, narcotics are widely used around here too. huh.gif
MartinB
QUOTE(Elpea @ Jun 2 2005, 11:05 PM)
Apparently, narcotics are widely used around here too.  huh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif
Slavik
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Lehrer
QUOTE(Elpea @ Jun 3 2005, 02:05 AM)
Apparently, narcotics are widely used around here too.  huh.gif

I appreciated your humour greatly smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here