Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This is getting pretty old
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Trobinson97
I honestly, have never experienced so much downtime as I do here. Every single day there is an issue with something. I really don't get. I like using Hostonys services, I feel I am getting a lot for less, but seriously all this downtime is getting riidiculous. I haven't been able to access my forums since late last night (full url http://www.depotboy.com/bb) and none of my users can either. Nothing on this server is stable and everytime I click to see the server status in the Cpanel, something is always in the red and at least one more thing is yellow. That's not an exxageration either, this happens everytime. Right now when I look, apache and disk sdb2 are in the red and disk sdb1 is yellow. It's always like this and it shouldn't be. Like I said, I like using Hostony's services but all thi downtime is getting ridiculous.

I'd like to tell you that the hostony service is never down for more than 7 hours per month.

Well, it's been well over 7 hours for me in just this one day.
Goldi
Im having the same problem with our site. www.umstsurplus.com

were a business and this random downtime is gonna get me fired. this isnt funny.
Lehrer
QUOTE(Trobinson97 @ May 17 2005, 05:11 PM)
I honestly, have never experienced so much downtime as I do here.  Every single day there is an issue with something.  I really don't get.  I like using Hostonys services, I feel I am getting a lot for less, but seriously all this downtime is getting riidiculous.  I haven't been able to access my forums since late last night (full url http://www.depotboy.com/bb) and none of my users can either.  Nothing on this server is stable and everytime I click to see the server status in the Cpanel, something is always in the red and at least one more thing is yellow.  That's not an exxageration either, this happens everytime.  Right now when I look, apache and disk sdb2 are in the red and disk sdb1 is yellow.  It's always like this and it shouldn't be.  Like I said, I like using Hostony's services but all thi downtime is getting ridiculous.
Well, it's been well over 7 hours for me in just this one day.

Dear customer, the matter is that there was a problem with your .htaccess file, access for user "nobody" was denied. That is not a problem of hosting services, the server is processing files correctly, but you had configured the .htaccess file incorrectly. I have fixed your forum so the forum is ok now.
ojenni
QUOTE(Goldi @ May 17 2005, 07:13 PM)
Im having the same problem with our site. www.umstsurplus.com
were a business and this random downtime is gonna get me fired. this isnt funny.

Do I understand correctly? You are running a business critical server on a shared hosting platform and you are complaining? .... you're kidding, aren't you?

Regards,
Oliver
Slavik
tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
Trobinson97
Dear customer, the matter is that there was a problem with your .htaccess file, access for user "nobody" was denied. That is not a problem of hosting services, the server is processing files correctly, but you had configured the .htaccess file incorrectly. I have fixed your forum so the forum is ok now.

Are you serious? You're telling me that in the weeks prior to yesterday after nevre having an issue like that, and not having done anything with the .htaccess file that yesterdays event was my fault? It had nothing to do with the ongoing problems of your server? Please enlighten me, cuz I find all of this a bit hard to accept right now.
Lehrer
The problem with your htaccess file had nothing to do with the problems that occured on the server. I don't really understand your emotions, because your problem was fixed.
Trobinson97
QUOTE(Trobinson97 @ May 18 2005, 03:05 PM)
Are you serious?  You're telling me that in the weeks prior to yesterday after nevre having an issue like that, and not having done anything with the .htaccess file that yesterdays event was my fault?  It had nothing to do with the ongoing problems of your server?  Please enlighten me, cuz I find all of this a bit hard to accept right now.

QUOTE(Lehrer @ May 19 2005, 08:49 AM)
The problem with your htaccess file had nothing to do with the problems that occured on the server. I don't really understand your emotions, because your problem was fixed.

*Sigh*, nevermind, thanks for fixing the problem.
Slavik
You are welcome.

Best regards,
Hostony Team
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here