Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My account suspended again? For same BOGUS reason?
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
WildnWilling
This is the third time my account has been suspended for a bogus reason!

I will start by giving background on all this:
On two of my domains I had a double opt-in email script. For those that dont know what that is (seems hostony server staff doesnt) a double opt-in email script is a script that lets people enter thier email to join a newsletter. After they join, the script sends an email to them so they have to click a link to verify that it was them that submitted the email. The email address is added into a text file. I have never sent a newsletter out and lately have not had time to even start doing it.

I guess we can all see where this is going, huh?

Well, over a week ago my account was suspended. I go to the live help so I can find out why. Can you guess why? Unsolicited email spamming. After arguing for 20 minutes with this guy he finally lets me back into my account with the understanding that I delete those 2 scripts. I figured that just deleting those 2 scripts would be best because I do not have time to start a newsletter and I really dont want the hassle of arguing with hostony staff. I deleted them within 2 minutes of getting access back.

Yesterday my account is suspended again. For? Same bogus reason. I argue with "Max" about this and you know what his suggestion is? I should upgrade my account to a more expensive one. Yeh right, they are losing me money by suspending my account and now they want me to pay more for what I am sure will be the same thing? NO! Finally "Max" states that I can have access back. And right after saying this live support is offline. And no access for me. Odd? I think so.

I finally get back on live support with Slavik and I go through ALL THIS AGAIN with him. Me arguing my point and him showing me thier "proofs". And he unsuspends my account.

I wake up this morning to a suspended account again.

They say that they have "proofs". And if they want, they can post the "proofs" here so we can all see what that is. I know what it is and once it is shown I think everyone will see how inept this crew is.

Why would they unsuspend my account twice if I was in the wrong?
Why would I post this on the public forum if I was in the wrong?

I want a full refund of my money.
Lehrer
You can tell now whatever you want. According to our policy we do not give any refund to spammers. You were given examples of server logs and spam messages. There is no point pushing this topic further.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here