Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Moving previous host to HERE + MySQL
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
ksbh
I heard a lot about DoS attacked to DOWN the Bandwidth. I hav a few questions to ask before I'm moving ...
1/. Hostony got a DoS attacked Filter??
2/. I have the forum used MySQL. Can I import my old forum to this?? And How can I do that
3/. All the bandwidth which advertised on Hostony is apply for 1 day/ 1 month OR so?? I only have the forum of less than 100 members but ..just a question.
4/. I already have a domain name . How can i use this domain name in this new host???

Thanks
Slavik
Hello,
1. Yes we have DoS attacked Filter;
2. Yes you can import your forum, you should make a dump of the forum, provide us with this dump and we'll import the forum;
3. All the bandwidth which advertised on Hostony is applied per 1 month;
4. You can order the transfer of the domain to our company(in this case you should contact your domain register company and ask them to unlock domain for the transfer. The transfer takes usually severaql days) or you can set up our name servers for your domain(in this case you should contact your domain register company and ask them to set up our name servers for the domain).

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
QUOTE(Slavik @ May 9 2005, 08:33 AM)
Hello,
1. Yes we have DoS attacked Filter;
2. Yes you can import your forum, you should make a dump of the forum, provide us with this dump and we'll import the forum;

Thanks for your quick reply.
1/. Now I am very honous with you that existingly I contracted with www.powweb.com for 13 months and just been with them for less than 3 months. During a week so far my site heavyly attacked bu DoS Every hour hackers sent me 32,000 hit requests but do nothing with my site...just hit the site. That is WHY over bandwidth limit. Poweb offers 5GB/day. I had 3 times over bandwidth limit in 14 days so,,powweb kicked me out. They DISABLED all my site (HTTP, FTP, MySQL, etc..) and ask me to find somewhere else to host due to they CAN NOT DEAL with DoS hackers. The said by TOS (Table of Service) inc. if clients is attacked by DoS , they have rights to REFUSE SERVICE.

2/. I already backup all my Files inclunding FORUM on website by CuteFTP Pro. So, what I have to do is just...upload all over to your host and you take care the rest for me?? including prepare my forum/MySQL and make them ready to the AIR.?? If so, what can I say now...Great service !!!
Slavik
1.We always try to prevent hack attacks on the servers but sometimes DDOS attacks happen on the shared servers(via security holes in users accounts). We do backups on the servers every week and use them when unexpected things happen.

2.It 's good that you made backup all your Files inclunding FORUM on website by CuteFTP Pro but we also need the dump of the database. You can do it via phpmyadmin.

So, when your account is activated open a trouble ticket with the forum issue and we'll import it.

P.S. I'd advise you to have VPS because you'll be the only user on it and your account won't be effected by other user's security holes.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
QUOTE(Slavik @ May 9 2005, 11:02 AM)
P.S. I'd advise you to have VPS because you'll be the only user on it and your account won't be effected by other user's security holes.

(and vice versa) wink.gif
MartinB
(ops, i forget login in biggrin.gif )
Slavik
wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here