Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Web site loading extremely slow
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Mikr0n
Since I created a new web design for my site I have had nothing but slow loading time. It takes sometimes up to 15 seconds on a DSL conneciton to load small images and a small flash file. The site is created in Dreamweaver and includes some very small amounts of flash. Nothing big at all. Is there something that can be done to fix this?

Click Here

Any and all help will greately be appreciated.

Regards,

Marcus
cronozer0
My server/website is also loading quite slowly. www.countermayhem.com. The server seems to be under heavy load most of the time and I think it is time for them to start moving people off server 31. The service is starting to get annoying now.
Mikr0n
Your site loaded much faster than mine did. I am wondering if it is a template problem on my end. The IP address I am using is 70.85.84.132

I also find it strange that if you click on the link in my original post that the site loads fine. If you type it into the address bar of a new web browser window, that is when the problem occurs.
Lehrer
QUOTE(cronozer0 @ May 2 2005, 04:03 PM)
My server/website is also loading quite slowly. www.countermayhem.com. The server seems to be under heavy load most of the time and I think it is time for them to start moving people off server 31. The service is starting to get annoying now.

16:10:51(+2gmt) , 4 users, load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.00

By the way, your site is working rather fast.
Lehrer
Mikr0n, we shall investigate your problem. Your site is really not large, so there must be something that causes this slowness.
cronozer0
Sorry, wrong server.. my server is server 11.

CURRENTLY:

CPU:
Current Users 2
Load Averages 1.93, 2.16, 2.32

RAM:
Percent Capacity: 98%
Free: 32.32 MB
Used: 1.44 GB
Size: 1.47 GB

and it is usually worse than it is at the moment.
Slavik
YOur site seems to be working fine now.
Mikr0n
I just checked and it is still running very slow as usual.
nickctn
Mikr0n, I just went onto your site and everything loads extremely fast for me...
MartinB
QUOTE(nickctn @ May 4 2005, 02:12 PM)
Mikr0n, I just went onto your site and everything loads extremely fast for me...

the same here.
carlg
Its completely random with these guys. Hostony servers are very unreliable. Sometimes my php site takes almost a minute to load for some of my users. Sometimes its fine. I take that back its always fine when hostony goes and checks it.

Good luck getting any real answers with these guys.

C.
Slavik
Carlg,
good luck to you too(in everything).

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
Slavik
Mikr0n,
your site loads very fast.

Best regards,
Slavik koshelev
Mikr0n
I guess that it's just me. When I go to the site from any other PC's anywhere, initially it loads the background and a few little odd and end images from my template but the main flash file at the top and some of the image seperator files do not load for a few seconds. I have found, for some reason or another if you click from a link from the Forum here it lods fine. If you open a new web browser window and physically type in my address is when the problem occurs. If you site is loaded up in cache there doesn't seem to be a problem either.

Oh well. I don't have any problems with Hostony. I just know that with the deal that I have received from them, I can't beat it anywhere.

Thanks Hostony.

Marcus
Lehrer
Markus, you are always welcome.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here