Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Email's Been Down Since Yesterday
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Glide
Email at one of our customer sites has been down since yesterday. We put a trouble ticket in yesterday and received a reply back from Alexander at "Hosedony" saying that there was a problem with the mail server, but it has been repaired.

I just tried email again this morning and it is still down.
Glide
Our customer just emailed me this morning because his people can't get their email and he said that he is tired of the outages here and that he wants me to move their site immediately to a new host.

It really is sad because I brought quite a number of new accounts here over the past year and now we are having to move them - and all you had to do is keep a computer running.
Lehrer
Dear Glide, please have a look at this link: Mail server under repair

P.s. It happened about an hour ago, not yesterday huh.gif
Glide
Lehrer,

Your post proves to me that you have no idea what is going on inside your own company. Here is a reply to us from Alexander 9 hours ago from the support ticket that we put in concerning the problems with our email not working yesterday. Oh, and guess what? It's STILL NOT WORKING - blink.gif

Request Key 6ca9f45ef075

(Alexander Brykulya)
-----------------------------------------------
Time: 2005-04-29 05:13:47

Dear Customer,

We've fixed it all.
There was the problem with the mail server.
Thank you for your patience.

Gotcha!
wink.gif
Lehrer
QUOTE(Glide @ Apr 29 2005, 03:04 PM)
Lehrer,

Your post proves to me that you have no idea what is going on inside your own company. Here is a reply to us from Alexander 9 hours ago from the support ticket that we put in concerning the problems with our email not working yesterday. Oh, and guess what? It's STILL NOT WORKING -  blink.gif

Request Key 6ca9f45ef075

(Alexander Brykulya)
-----------------------------------------------
Time: 2005-04-29 05:13:47

Dear Customer,

We've fixed it all.
There was the problem with the mail server.
Thank you for your patience.

Gotcha!
wink.gif

Glide, are you sure that was the same server? As you know, one cannot work for 24 hours a day rolleyes.gif The repair process has partially failed then. We had to repair the "failed" accounts manually.
Glide
Lehrer,

It is indeed the same server. I appreciate you claifying that because we have a lot of accounts that we have brought here. I understand that you cannot be there 24 hours per day and noone would expect you to be. But, the bottom line is that my client's email has been down for a VERY long time (AND IT'S STILL DOWN) and they've had it with Hostony.

Literally, you could offer to pay me $1,000 per year to host 1 of our sites here at your company and I would turn you down because your up-time is so horrible that it would actually hurt our business by more that the $1,000 to stay.

Hostony was good at one point - no doubt about it - but it's gone fellas.
Lehrer
Dear Glide, I would appreciate if you hold your remarks back. If you leave, leave decently. I won't stand any laugh-outs here or any sort of mockery. You have your own opinion, but do not impose it on others. Use PM if you wish to tell me something in private. I wish you understood me. smile.gif

Lehrer
Glide
No Comment.

wink.gif
Lehrer
Thank you Glide, I really appreciate it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here