Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oh Sad Day...
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Tigersan
I was sharing in Glide's frustration with the server on 67.15.112.25 being down, yet again. I didn't feel the need to post then because I felt he was giving a good fight. But, now that he has moved on, I have to post my grief!

My site, tigersan.com, has been moved to another server: 207.44.244.81. I was able to upload and access around 2 GB of data with no problems (it took awhile, but I am patient). While connecting to my sites, everything was humming along great. I thought the storm was over and sent URLs to friends, indexing services, and possible future employers...

Then the site is down yet again sad.gif

This is more sad than it is bad. I don't know what to do. I looked into the hosting site that Glide suggested... but I just invested a year's subscription with Hostony. I am still optimistic about my package, but my patience is starting to thin. I am thinking about running my sites off my home server yet again sad.gif

What should I do?
geniusgoalie
QUOTE(Tigersan @ Apr 25 2005, 04:33 PM)
I was sharing in Glide's frustration with the server on 67.15.112.25 being down, yet again. I didn't feel the need to post then because I felt he was giving a good fight. But, now that he has moved on, I have to post my grief!

My site, tigersan.com, has been moved to another server: 207.44.244.81. I was able to upload and access around 2 GB of data with no problems (it took awhile, but I am patient). While connecting to my sites, everything was humming along great. I thought the storm was over and sent URLs to friends, indexing services, and possible future employers...

Then the site is down yet again sad.gif

This is more sad than it is bad. I don't know what to do. I looked into the hosting site that Glide suggested... but I just invested a year's subscription with Hostony. I am still optimistic about my package, but my patience is starting to thin. I am thinking about running my sites off my home server yet again sad.gif 

What should I do?

Look around. I am starting to think that hostony is not worth the hassle...
Lehrer
Tigersan, your site is working OK. Please do not make hasty decisions about us. We'll try to do our best smile.gif
supergodoffunk
I've moved on. I moved the last site today. The only thing remaining is the default site, which I will leave to host unimportant files and materials that are not critical... that can be down and down and down... I still have half year left on my plan too. It's a shame. by the way it looks, they don't give out refunds either. They win... I'll save on the antacids...
Tigersan
I do not wish to come off as hasty. If anything, I am doing my best to be as patient as possible. I really want my site to be up and running smoothly on your servers.

When I logged on to the computer this morning (I am from Okinawa) I checked my site and it was up. Yes, finally. Then, I logged into this forum and checked the status of this post. I can understand that when my site was checked, it was finally back up. I can live with this... after all, I've worked the helpdesk and understand the impossible task of customer support. But my site really was down... for at least 2 hours according to my logs. Oh, and I also made sure to check the IP address of the server to make sure it wasn't just my site... the server was down as well.

OK, so my site was up and I was off to making updates... I planed on uploading a new program that automatically checks the status of any website. Sadly, when checking the new program I made, my site went down again.

As I am writing this now, here are the current results from this program:

Now Checking www.tigersan.com
4/26/2005 1:15:49 PM - 4/26/2005 1:17:14 PM Down
Uptime: 0/6 0.00%

Now Checking http://www.hostony.com/
4/26/2005 1:17:30 PM - 4/26/2005 1:17:30 PM Up
Uptime: 1/0 100.00%

Now Checking http://www.tigersan.com/
4/26/2005 1:17:50 PM - 4/26/2005 1:29:54 PM Down
4/26/2005 1:30:11 PM - 4/26/2005 1:32:44 PM Up
4/26/2005 1:33:04 PM - 4/26/2005 1:35:00 PM Down
Uptime: 11/45 19.64%

Of course, I checked the site manually, with no luck sad.gif

I just want to cry.
Glide
Tiger-san,

Sorry to hear the news about the train over there.

Hang in there with the site. I know how you feel.

Glide-san
Tigersan
QUOTE(Glide @ Apr 26 2005, 05:21 AM)
Tiger-san,
Sorry to hear the news about the train over there.
Hang in there with the site. I know how you feel.
Glide-san

Yes, it is a very bad day here. The driver had to have been going too fast for that type of damage.

As for the server, I was able to login to the cPanel and it stated that Apache has failed (under Server Status).
Slavik
Your site is up and running.
The reason for the slowlyness is that one of the customers overloaded the server.
We're going to suspend his account, so the work of the server will be normal very soon.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
Tigersan
OK, things are once again humming along smoothly on this new server. As for the results from above, I am giving my program 30 seconds to check for any activity from the server. Everything is looking good now...

Now Checking http://www.tigersan.com/
4/26/2005 7:27:43 PM - 4/26/2005 11:11:42 PM Up
Uptime: 163/163 100.00%

For the offer to the customers on Server29,

Dear customers of the server 67.15.112.25,
we'd like to offer you free month of hosting or one level upgrade.
so make a choice.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev

I would like the one level upgrade.
You much happier friend,

Tiger
Slavik
Tigersan,
you got the upgrade.
wink.gif

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
Tigersan

doumo arigatou,
Mr. Koshelev-ou!
Slavik
You are welcome.

Slavik Koshelev
carlg
Wow I must say that I have had these days week after week after week with these guys. My account was suspended for "billing reasons" that came back 48 hours later as a "mistake" on there part. I have had my sql server down, down, down, like it is now and got nothing.

i don't have these kind of patients and hate wasting money, I need to go check out where glide went.

C.
Slavik
Carlg,
yesterday mysql was down because one of the users (who is on the same server with you) overloaded mysql but the problem was resolved.
You know this is the shared server and such things can happen sometimes.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here