Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Server 29 down again.
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
mxb100
We host a site on your Server 29. The site is down since morning today. Its almost 2 hrs now.

This is bad guys. This server has been going down every day for the past week or I dont know how long.

And worst is that your support is not online on ICQ !!

Please fix ASAP.
mxb100
Well they got back to me about an hour back that there is a problem with the Primary DNS server and it will be up in 30 - 40 mins.

Its been over an hour since then and probably 3 - 4 hrs since the site has been down.

They dont respond on ICQ Support also.

Someone pls help.
Dima
There is a temporary problem with the server29(67.15.112.25 ). It happened all of a sudden and that's why we couldn't prevent this temporary downtime of the server.

We are doing our best to solve this problem ASAP. We are investigating the cause of this problem and after we find it, we'll start fixing.

So, the server is expected to be up in an hour or half an hour.

We are sorry for these inconveniences and would like to ask you to be patient till we fix everything.

Hope for your understanding.

HOSTONY SUPPORT DEPARTMENT.
geniusgoalie
An hour or half an hour!? It's been over 4 since you made that remark- over 8 in total! This is really frustrating. mad.gif
sky51fire
I am on this server as well, and it has been a frustrating experience since the server seems to be down more than the 99% uptime guarantee. I hope that compensation should be in order since many of us have reseller accounts and many of our clients have been very angry with this much downtime.
mxb100
Yes...This thing has been down since at least 6 AM Central Time. Its 2:30 PM right now on 4/23.

Thats more than 8 hrs of down time !! Whats going on here guys ?
geniusgoalie
Yup, looking over the contract, we should all be entitled to a prorated credit for our next payment. I'm not sure if that means one month or one whole payment period, though. I'm not quite fluent in legalese tongue.gif
Slavik
MBR is corrupted on the server and we are restoring it.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev.
Rusty The Wonderdog
still down as of 6:30pm EST. it's very sad to see an outage this long.
geniusgoalie
QUOTE(Slavik @ Apr 23 2005, 08:35 PM)
MBR is  corrupted on the server and we are restoring it.
Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev.

I assume everyone on server 29 will be granted a free month of hosting, as stated in your contract?
Slavik
You'll have the free month.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
dragonfli
The free month is nice unsure.gif
But Is there any way to get an ETA for server being back up?

I am a reseller so I have many people asking me questions right now.
Are there any answers I can give them?
Slavik
The server is up and running now.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
Slavik
Dear customers of the server 67.15.112.25,
we'd like to offer you free month of hosting or one level upgrade.

So make a choice. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
davidgue
Hi!

At least, it has been fixed...

I prefer a one level upgrade to my account.

Thanks

PS: My domain is david-guerrero.com
Dima
Dear customer, I'll make one level upgrade for your account
geniusgoalie
Hello,
I would like a free month. My domain is eggloaf.com.

Thanks
eforces
Hi,
If it is possible i would like a free month. Domain: enemyforces.com

Btw, today, when I was opening Cpanel I got a message that disk is full and Cpanel cannot be loaded. Now it is works fine. Just wanted to remind that disk is 96% full.

Thank you
Lehrer
Dear geniusgoalie and eforces, I have passed your request to the billing department.
You'll both get one month hosting for free
MartinB
I also want a compensation, I am not in the server29, but I have spent a lot of my time reading the weeping of "GLIDE", instead of some useful and contructive new posts. rolleyes.gif
wh0r3
QUOTE(mblendinger @ Apr 24 2005, 05:09 PM)
I also want a compensation, I am not in the server29, but I have spent a lot of my time reading the weeping of "GLIDE", instead of some useful and contructive new posts. rolleyes.gif

ditto, and i even tried to help him at one point..

biggrin.gif
ojenni
QUOTE(mblendinger @ Apr 24 2005, 10:09 PM)

well, for me it would be sufficient to have an option where I can put people to ignore :-)
bpgisme
I also want a compensation, I am not in the server29, but I have spent a lot of my time reading the weeping of "GLIDE", instead of some useful and contructive new posts.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

-Bonnie
dragonfli
I was wondering why it's dead again today.

Are there any servers that are suitable for reselling accounts?
I was on server 11, (dead alot) now on the sick server dejour 29.

Is the only way to resell reliable hosting to go to a dedicated server?

I keep losing people as fast as I sign them up.

Just looking for solutions.

any answers? I don't uderstand How such a good company can go so bad so quickly. sad.gif
dragonfli
brilliant! my main domain "dragonflihost.net" seems to work but none of my reseller accounts work!
no wonder I have lost people! they have probobly never come back online!

Please !!!

very important check to see if you nuked my private label nameservers and "forgot"
to bring them back.

ns1.dragonflihost.net and ns2.dragonflihost.net. I am loosing people fast!!
Plrease help!
Lehrer
dragonfli,

ns1.dragonflihost.net and ns2.dragonflihost.net appear to be working OK. If you experience any problems with your reseller accounts please open a TTicket and enumerate the malfunctioning accounts.

Lehrer
Glide
Dragonfli - Please stop your weeping about poor service on a "support" board! - What do you think this is?

The Hostony "shills" Mblendinger and wh0r3 won't have anything "useful" to post if you don't. They had hoped you might post something "useful" like maybe a good mashed potato recipe....geeeezzzzz....O.K.....I'll do it then.

Grandmaw's Mashed Potato Recipe for mblendinger:

Ingredients:

2 pounds of potatoes
1 cup of milk
6 tablespoons of butter
Salt and pepper
1. Peel and quarter the potatoes, then add to a large pot and cover with water.
2. Add some salt and bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are tender. (About 15 minutes)
3. Drain the potatoes and mash by your method of choice. (I prefer a potato ricer)
4. Blend in butter and milk.
5. Season with salt and pepper.

How 'bout it, mblendinger....useful?

biggrin.gif
Lehrer
A very useful post I should admit. wink.gif
MartinB
Great! but let me give you a tip.....

when you have the potatos mashed, add cheese and put it in the furnace some minutes, when the top is gilded, you are ready for enjoy it !!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

(just my 2 cents!) wink.gif

PS:

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language: Fourth Edition.  2000.

SHILL

NOUN:  Slang One who poses as a satisfied customer or an enthusiastic gambler to dupe bystanders into participating in a swindle.
VERB: Inflected forms: shilled, shill·ing, shills
INTRANSITIVE VERB: To act as a shill.
TRANSITIVE VERB: 1. To act as a shill for (a deceitful enterprise). 2. To lure (a person) into a swindle.
ETYMOLOGY: Perhaps short for shillaber.

I cannot let to get astonished of how the Americans are creating words. The English Language is really improving! good job! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
bpgisme
Now see, that was smart. You looked it up. Here I am, dumb as a post, and I said to myself, "I wonder what that word means?" Did I look it up? No. I went and did some laundry. I came back and someone else looked it up and posted it too! Thanks, mblendinger!!! laugh.gif

-Bonnie biggrin.gif
MartinB
your welcome Bonnie laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here