Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Still more troubles.
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Apollo
Well, FINALLY my domain was renewed, but a majority of it isn't the same.

Example; My FTP always fails when I try to login, and when I try to visit any known directory's or pages (Like forums), it says Cannot be displayed, etc etc.

Is there something I'm not doing right? X_x
Glide
Apollo,

I believe you are doing everything right. The guy that owns this company has made his money and I believe he is bailing out. We have already started moving our domains to a reputable host, along with 4 other customers we brought here over the past 1.5 years. We'll have to take our pre-paid 2005 as a loss because I am sure that he will not refund it. It will at least allow us to "take our time" transferring everything to a good company.

We are experiencing the same FTP problem: sometimes it is difficult to stay connected to our FTP here at Hostony and it makes things very time consuming. We've given this some thought and we think we know why.

It has to do with what your website is hosted on here at Hostony:
If things aren't running well with your 400, you can upgrade to a 800 VPS or dedicated.

bpgisme
Apollo, I'm sure whatever problem they are having it will be solved as fast as they can do so. There is a new announcement, so please read that. I'm not on that server, but your site might be.

Glide, I'm sorry you are having troubles with your site, but quite frankly absolutely no one can take anyone seriously who behaves like a spoiled child in a candy store who's been told "NO". I understand you're having problems but to post it continously over and over is ridiculous and to begin carrying on about the owner of the company "bailing out" is just juvenile. Any company can have problems come up that are difficult, if not impossible to solve in a day. If you want to see an example, check out Besonic.com. I've had music there for several years and months ago their entire system shut down (hard drive crash) and is still not functioning. All there is now is just a forum. Please be patient and I'm sure Hostony will work everything out.

-Bonnie
bpgisme.com
Glide
Thanks for the input Bonnie. I'm just trying to get my files and leave, and warn others about this place. No one is spoiled here. I have already purchased hosting elsewhere.

In all honesty, get a good back-up of your site now if you have download abilities. I was not being facetious in saying that I think the owner of Hostony is bailing - I honestly believe that it is true. I also think that a big portion of the support staff have already been let go.
bpgisme
I was not being facetious in saying that I think the owner of Hostony is bailing - I honestly believe that it is true. I also think that a big portion of the support staff have already been let go.

What are you basing this on? It was my understanding they just hired a whole new group of support staff. All of my own problems with the site have been solved very quickly. About two weeks ago the server I was on was attacked and they had it going again in just an hour and a half. They just got those new servers recently as well.

(Backups are not a problem. wink.gif My entire site is also on my hard drive. I think that's an advantage to not relying heavily on MySQL.)

In any case, I'm not going anywhere. This is still the best host I've ever used. I've been managing my site since 1998 and I've used dozens of different hosts. It would have to drastically change for me to leave. So far, they've just gotten better. Every time I've thought about upgrading they've turned around and changed the packages and I didn't have to. I'm very happy here. I'm sorry you aren't but that's okay. I'm glad you've found another place that will serve your needs. Good luck to you.

-Bonnie
Glide
Good Luck to you too Bonnie - I went to your site and it looks fantastic. I really do hope I am wrong about what I think. But I can't gamble. Like you, I have been here a LONG time and I have hosted at multiple hosts. Hostony has (without any doubt at all) turned into one of the worst. They were good at one point (and, like you, I was a huge supporter of Hostony). Go back and look at some of my earlier posts - I publically praised them here. Something is up here at Hostony - I don't know what it is yet, but I can't afford to find out if it becomes too late. I'll let you know how it goes over at the new host.
bpgisme
Thanks for checking out the site. smile.gif

Where did you end up going, if you don't mind me asking...?
supergodoffunk
I am in the middle of moving all my sites offe off as well. My friends call this place 'Blowstony'. Other favorite is 'OyNoHost'. mad.gif

Yea. My sites are currently down. Actually, the only one left on here. Oh let me check. Damn... my new host is up and running. mad.gif
Slavik
Thank you for being our customer.
Good luck to you.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here