Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: making addon domains look like independent domain
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
swgeek
Hi,

I have an addon domain (mpvisual.com) to my main domain (mpatel.com). However, if I go to a subdirectory within mpvisual, e.g. www.mpvisual.com/test , it shows up as mpvisual.mpatel.com/test.

Is there a way to make the addon look like its own domain instead of a "subsidiary" of mpatel?

This is for a side business, and it feels a little more professional that way.

Thanks,
Manoj
Shurik
Hello.

There is only one way for that. You need to purachase an reseller account. It gives you access to WHM (reseller control panel). Via WHM you can create fully independant accounts - with own directory structure and control panel.
You can read more about reseller accounts at http://www.hostony.com/reseller.html
Eych
Is this still the case?

reading thru past posts, it was mentioned that add-on domains would show up as themselves on the location bar...for example, www.aaa.com is the main site, www.bbb.com is the add-on...if you went to www.bbb.com/test, what would show?

I realize add-ons are folders under the main domain...is this the same with reseller accounts?
Alec
Yes addon domain should show up as itself.
But when you go to www.bbb.com/test browser can show
www.aaa.com/bbb/test. It's a cpanel bug that happens during domain adding in control panel. But we can fix it at the moment. If you meet this contact us and we'll correct domain seettings.
Eych
thanks for the quick reply...

I don't know what's involved in the fix, but when you do it, does it fix all other folders and sub-folders for that add-on domain (for example, www.bbb.com/test2 and www.bbb.com/test3/part1/list1/data)?
also, does the fix apply to future add-on domains, or do I have to email you for each one?

thanks again...
Alec
It fixes all folders of domain
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here