Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Several questions
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
djaquay
First, here's what I've gleaned about Hostony, (correct me if I'm wrong):

You're on Linux, provide MySQL, I can administer my own email accounts and aliases, you run NeoMail for webmail, you run Python, I can get SSH shell access, I can transfer my existing domain to you for an additional $15.

Now the questions:

Do I have access in my shell to common Linux apps like Mutt and fetchmail? Or can I install them under my account?

I assume that I have a private area under my shell account that is not web-viewable, yes?

Does NeoMail support filtering messages into separate inbound folders?

If my domain is jaquay.org, can I have my own site at www.jaquay.org/blahblah and setup a user with a site at www.jaquay.org/~guido/whatever?

Do you have publicly readable uptime records?

Thanks,
Dave
Alec

Do I have access in my shell to common Linux apps like Mutt and fetchmail? Or can I install them under my account?

Yes. they both ar installed on our server and you can run it from you ssh access.

I assume that I have a private area under my shell account that is not web-viewable, yes?

Yes. It is not web-viewable except of web-directory (web, httpdocs, public_html, etc).

Does NeoMail support filtering messages into separate inbound folders?

We use exim as mail server on our server. You need to read about neomail features at http://neomail.org/

If my domain is jaquay.org, can I have my own site at www.jaquay.org/blahblah and setup a user with a site at www.jaquay.org/~guido/whatever?

Yes you can load any folder from your site - without any limitations.

Do you have publicly readable uptime records?

you can view it in your ssh session or in cpanel control panel.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here