Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can no Longer Connect to PhpMyAdmin
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Glide
I am so irritated that I just do not know what to do. For some reason, out of the clear blue today I can no longer connect to our MySQL database through PhPmyAdmin. I put in a support ticket over an hour ago and I've heard nothing. Without our DB access, our business just came to a screaching halt. I have been here for almost 1.5 years and I do indeed see the service here falling apart. Not the people (techs and so forth), but the service itself - uptime and speed and those things.

I just wonder if the gentleman that owns Hostony has made his mint of money, and really doesn't care about the service continuing anyway. I think that happens quite a bit in the shared hosting world. I've been holding off as long as I can, but I really do need to start looking around. Maybe we will get a dedicated server on-site. I am sure that any other shared host that we go to will be just as bad as this place has become, if not worse. It's just too bad. Hosting is a viable business model that can continue for the long-term, but I just don't think there are any companies out there that are looking to go for the long-term anyway. They are all just trying to get in and out as fast as they can. The story is the same across the board - in the beginning service is top-notch, but wait a year or two and it goes to hell like this place and that other dung-hole, Infinology, that we were at before...
Lehrer
Glide, we have fixed your problem with php myadmin(see your trouble ticket)

As far as the other problem, or let it call a "delicate question" is concerned, I don't think we are that bad, I mean HOSTONY. You can discuss this topic with our top manager(sergey[at]hostony.com ), but let me tell you that we are always trying to help our customers(no empty words smile.gif )on behalf of the support department.
Glide
I appreciate you doing that Lehrer. And as I said in my post, my problem isn't with you or with any of the tech people in support at Hostony. You must admit that the uptime that your company provides is deteriorating vs. a year ago - by a lot - a whole lot. If you don't know that, then I am turning on the light bulb for you.

And it is so unfortunate because all your company has to do is keep a computer running and put procedures in place to proactively insure that they remain running. You should never hear from me. Last year I didn't even wonder if my machine was up or not - it stayed up. Now, when I log in to do work, my first thought is - oh no, I wonder what's broken now...FTP? MySQL? PHP? Email down?

Take this post as constructive criticism or however you want. If I were you I would take your advice and bring it to Sergy's attention yourself - NOT ME THE CUSTOMER. Your customers (the people that keep you employed) will start going elsewhere if their businesses won't run on your company's servers and you'll be looking for employment elsewhere. And the guy who owns this company will be laying on a beach with a margarita in his hand.

This isn't a gripe post - I don't have time for that - If your company isn't meeting customer's needs they'll leave at some point and your company will quickly get a reputation. I'm just kind enough to tell you about it because I am sure that you enjoy your job as much as I do mine.
Lehrer
Dear Glide, we'll take your advice ito consideration. I'll show it to our boss for sure
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here