Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Subdomains
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Jack Miller
Yo. I was just woundering what a subdomain is. I think that it is a part of the site that you can rent out and people pay you monthly to have there own site on yours if you know what I mean? So like say my site was www.jackmiller.com and then someone wanted a domain on my site would it be www.jackmiller.com/billgates (just an example). Also will i be able to make money off my subdomains by renting them out to other people? ph34r.gif
artrocity
not exactly.
subdomains are websites under your main domain.
like... billgates.jackmiller.com, shop.jackmiller.com, etc...

It would be difficult to sell them as they all share the same CPanel.
Jack Miller
Thanks for that. How do i sell webspace to people then? I thought it was the subdomains that you rent out and make money from them. wink.gif
carahost
you would need a reseller account in order to do that, but i cant see how somebody who doesnt even know what a subdomain is, would be a reseller wacko.gif
Lehrer
QUOTE(Jack Miller @ Apr 19 2005, 07:56 PM)
Thanks for that. How do i sell webspace to people then? I thought it was the subdomains that you rent out and make money from them. wink.gif

To find out more about resellers and about how a reseller should "behave" etc. you can read a tutorial at cpanel.net smile.gif
bpgisme
you would need a reseller account in order to do that, but i cant see how somebody who doesnt even know what a subdomain is, would be a reseller

Everyone has to learn when they want to try to do something new. The best way to learn is to ask questions. I sure do. biggrin.gif

-Bonnie
carahost
i cant imagine what kind of support he is gonna give to his customers
MartinB
laugh.gif laugh.gif
Lehrer
carahost, martin, you know, people learn as long as they live tongue.gif
we should hope for the best rolleyes.gif
MartinB
QUOTE(Lehrer @ Apr 20 2005, 04:41 PM)
carahost, martin, you know, people learn as long as they live tongue.gif
we should hope for the best rolleyes.gif

...yes, I know smile.gif

PS: Somebody here can tell me who is "FTP" ? I see this everywhere and I wish to give him some files, people says he can upload my files to my website...
carahost
i agree with you Bonnie and Lehrer but, this guy seems like he just wanna make money without even googling the word subdomain
Lehrer
QUOTE(mblendinger @ Apr 20 2005, 08:15 PM)
...yes, I know smile.gif

PS: Somebody here can tell me who is "FTP" ? I see this everywhere and I wish to give him some files, people says he can upload my files to my website...

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Martin, you really know how to make somebody laugh
MartinB
rolleyes.gif wink.gif
wh0r3
QUOTE(mblendinger @ Apr 20 2005, 03:15 PM)
...yes, I know smile.gif

i believe he is related to a user that has an account on my home computer..
i think it's a military thing..
every now and then i see his sig appear on the screen and i have yet to figure out just who the hell is General Failure, and why he keeps trying to read my disk..

blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here