Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Open Letter to the Hostony Support Team
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
inspiracon
I've been using Hostony for my hosting and reseller hosting for a couple of years now (ever since my old hosting company's DNS servers went down for 3 days without explanation or restitution).

I recently upgraded my account to a VPS server. The upgrade required much work on Hostony's part and they went above and beyond to provide me with what I required. They moved my old accounts to the new server, they upgraded my server's version of GD to support a 3rd party app that was installed, and they even offered help in installing the 3rd party app.

Sometimes the saying, "you get what you pay for" is right. I had noticed on my shared account that my sites were unavailable for brief moments almost every day. My VPS server now has had ZERO downtime and even my customers have noticed the difference in performance.

Thank you Hostony for all your help in supporting my upgrade and weird requests.

Dayne Daniell
www.inspiracon.com
MartinB
just requesting info for my personal future choices ... there exist a REAL improvement in performance going to VPS ? speed, availability, downtime, general performance ?

greetings, and congrats for your experience smile.gif
MartinB
VPS starter cost the same than my reseller plan.($29.95 per month)

mmmmmmm.......... mmmmmmmm ........... I think I'll investigate a little and think well about my future movements..... muahahaha biggrin.gif
unsure.gif

EDIT:

AHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!! IT cost the same, with WEBMIN, instead of Cpanel/WHM !!
of course. ohmy.gif rolleyes.gif huh.gif unsure.gif
Lehrer
QUOTE(inspiracon @ Apr 14 2005, 02:44 PM)
I've been using Hostony for my hosting and reseller hosting for a couple of years now (ever since my old hosting company's DNS servers went down for 3 days without explanation or restitution).

I recently upgraded my account to a VPS server. The upgrade required much work on Hostony's part and they went above and beyond to provide me with what I required. They moved my old accounts to the new server, they upgraded my server's version of GD to support a 3rd party app that was installed, and they even offered help in installing the 3rd party app.

Sometimes the saying, "you get what you pay for" is right. I had noticed on my shared account that my sites were unavailable for brief moments almost every day. My VPS server now has had ZERO downtime and even my customers have noticed the difference in performance.

Thank you Hostony for all your help in supporting my upgrade and weird requests.

Dayne Daniell
www.inspiracon.com

daniel, we highly appreciate your compliments. Thank you!

tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif
inspiracon
mblendinger -
I figured the extra $10 wasn't a bad trade-off.
I monitor my url with SiteUptime (for free) www.siteuptime.com and got tired of getting the e-mails that my site was down or up. The downtime only lasted a few minutes each time but since I moved to the VPS server, SiteUptime has been very quiet. The VPS server is great, plus you can sell a reseller plan (a reseller selling a reseller, a reseller plan? unsure.gif - hmmm....)
MartinB
(a reseller selling a reseller, a reseller plan?)

hehe, this willl be cool.

I'm confortable with my shared reseller plan for now.
(And, I use siteuptime too, and I get the emails some times too.)
but I think I'll go for VPS in some time, but for now I'm fine.
(and $10 US dollars = $30 argentinian pesos, after devaluation... not a few cents blink.gif ) The $29.85 are now for me like $90 huh.gif

Thanks for the feedback, very interesting. wink.gif
Dark Hedgehog
Yeah, the downtimes can get annoying a lot.

However, I have found no other better host than Hostony, either the same, don't allow adult content or anything else.

I will have to stick with Hostony.
Lehrer
However, I have found no other better host than Hostony, either the same, don't allow adult content or anything else.

I will have to stick with Hostony.

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Music to my ears, Dark Hedgehog! We'll try to do our best not to disappoint you cool.gif

Lehrer
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here