Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I don't think anyone exists here?!
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
carlg
O.k. I am going to keep this as polite as I can. My whole site was taken down yesterday on 4/13. It says the site was suspended, and I needed to contact billing.

Before I even get into the ridiculous practices of this/your company, I feel a need to say that ripping a site down without notice is unprofessional and is and will casue major problems.

I have prepaid for a 6 month package. I use probably on average 4 of my 100 gb per month bandwidth. I use maybe 25% of my disk space and can't think of anything that is on my site that would violate my contract.

I have contacted all support email addresses for hostony.com. I got three back that failed to deliver. And one that replied to my question, "What is going on with my site?" with the response, "Your site is suspended." I mean no crap. Was I just emailing for no reason???? I couldn't believe that. So I spelled out my problem as plainly as I could and got a response hours later to contact billing. If that was the only problem, It would still be unbelievable!!

But its not, I filled out three help desk tickets, one for each spo tI could, billing, general, and manager. The general was the only respnse I got, and that was to that they were moving my ticket to billing. Did I get a response from billing, NO.

I have emailed billing now 12+ hours after my site has been down, and I can't get an answer.

Is that all, NOOOOOOO. I finally got someone on live chat. and once I get the usual, contact billing brush off. And let me tell you all, NO ONE WORKS AT THE BILLING DEPT, I got dissconnected. All of a sudden it magically wouldn't take any more input and I got no more responses.

This is what I want, I want to talk to someone real. I want a phone number.

My email is cgamauf@hotmail.com
domian is www.teamtabularasa.com

I don't want to be advised to contact billing, cause noone really works there.

I don't want a half broken english sentence. I want to be able to have 1 hour on my server to download all my information so that I can go elsewhere. Anytime there is a problem, there is noone to be found.

You know how long it took you guys to take my money, 1 HOUR, and I was done. This is 12+ plus hours to get one response!

This company is a joke. If you don't feel so, give me one concrete example of something you guys have done/seen that has been FOR your customers.

I want to know what happened and I need to get back on my server for an hour. Then you can keep this crap. I don't want it.

Carl W. Gamauf
carlg
O.k. 12 hours later this is what I get:

Dear Mr. Gamauf,

We are sorry for the inconvineinces you were caused for our internal error. Your account was un-suspended.

Please, excuse us again.

I still need to talk to a manger/supervisor something. I have spent hours, HOURS trying to get a response to get one sentence!!!!!!! AND THERE WAS NO PROBLEM!!!

This is not how this ends hostony, have a manager contact me promptly.

cgamauf@hotmail.com

Carl W. Gamauf
Slavik
Hello,
our supervisor has sent you an e-mail.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
Lehrer
Dear Carl, I will also try to express myself as clear as I can. The matter is that your account, i.e. www.teamtabularasa.com was suspended by mistake. We were cleaning the space on the server, stopping and suspending accounts whose owners didn't feel like paying sometimes for 5-6 months. It was just an ordinary clean-up on the server, which occurs once per four months normally, sometimes more often, that depends.

As for the story with e-mail responses, I completely agree with you. The person responsible for the messages like that will surely be punished, I can guarantee that to you. As well as any others who will ever do anything similar.
But let me also say a few words in our favour, not as if I were searching for an excuse, but just need to draw your attention to the fact that the number of e-mails daily
exceeds by far the figure of 300 pieces per one operator.

So, taking into account the thing that your account was suspended by chance, I'd like to make an official apology on behalf of the whole hostony staff. We'll do our best to avoid such mistakes in future.

Sincerely, Lehrer
MartinB
the number of e-mails daily

seems like hostony need more operators smile.gif
Lehrer
mblendinger, we have enough operators smile.gif

just getting much mail...

Nevermind it rolleyes.gif
bpgisme
Dear Carl, I will also try to express myself as clear as I can. The matter is that your account, i.e. www.teamtabularasa.com was suspended by mistake. We were cleaning the space on the server, stopping and suspending accounts whose owners didn't feel like paying sometimes for 5-6 months. It was just an ordinary clean-up on the server, which occurs once per four months normally, sometimes more often, that depends.

As for the story with e-mail responses, I completely agree with you. The person responsible for the messages like that will surely be punished, I can guarantee that to you. As well as any others who will ever do anything similar.
But let me also say a few words in our favour, not as if I were searching for an excuse, but just need to draw your attention to the fact that the number of e-mails daily

So, taking into account the thing that your account was suspended by chance, I'd like to make an official apology on behalf of the whole hostony staff. We'll do our best to avoid such mistakes in future.

Sincerely, Lehrer

wink.gif Well said Lehrer!

-Bonnie
carlg
So the question is this, I have twice been in the position where I just cannot even begin to deal with you guys. Once the whole server went down and I was out for 3 hours with no explanation as to why, now you say you were cleaning and somehow I got put on suspension.

I have an average of 1500 unique visitors to my site daily, all of which now think I don't pay my bills. This is not something that I want to deal with on what seems to be a monthly business.

I can tell you that I am aggresivly seeking a new hosting company with GOOD support, unless you can convince me or upgrade me to something that makes this worth while, I will definietly be transfering my sites and future busniess elsewhere.

I don't like that fact that I can't even get a phone number to talk to someone, I have asked multiple times for a number where I know I can just call someone and get my problems fixed in minutes not hours or days.

So answer two questions:

1. What can you do to keep me here?

2. What is the phone number at which I can reach the company?

and believe me to put this on record, I don't even expect to get a response from you guys, based on your previous trend of support followthrough. Prove me wrong!

Carl Gamauf
pablotello
Well, I have also several horror stories. My account was also suspended "by error" and all I had was an email saying that they were sorry!!!
Oh, and I did actually pre-paid the TWO YEARS plan.

Other than the mediocre performance -to say the least- of hostony, what really bothers me is the lack of technical support.

For the last two weeks my sites (six domains) have been down for several reasons. Always out-of-the-blue, no apparent reason.
Of my domains, only one has some web traffic (like 1000 visits a day, or not even). The rest don't have a website. However, I do have email on some of them. And that's the important part. Losing email is a big deal.

So, like I said, for the last 14 days I had to contact support eight times. Almost every other day.Can you consider something fixed when it doesn't last 24 hours OK?
Apparently Hostony does.

On one of my trouble tickets they asked me to move the DNSes pointers on my domain (I wasn't contacted, which would have been appropiate) to the new DNS servers:

dns.hostony.org
dhs.hostony.com

And I am offline!!!

Great, isn't it? Oh, oh, one more...

I contacted them at 2PM Pacific Time, and did not get an answer until 14 hours later. I complained. They said:
"Sorry, but operators don't work 24h a day"

Well if you are an Internet company and accept clients from US West Coast then you should be able to provide support for them during working hours. Don't you think??? sad.gif ohmy.gif

Looking forward for a change.
pablotello
Just an example:

How NOT to treat a customer:

----------
Broadcast: Sergey has joined the conversation.
Broadcast: Me has joined the conversation.
Broadcast: Me has asked: email server down.
Sergey: Hello
Me: Hello Sergey
Sergey: Hello
Me: My email server is down again
Me: mydomain.com
Me: this is the sixth time in about eight days
Me: last time I talked to you (it was the FIFTH at that time) you said I would be moved...
Me: ...if it would happen again
Me: to a different server
Sergey: please contact us in 5 minute and I'll help you
Me: ?
Sergey: soory for this inconvenience
Broadcast: Sergey has left the conversation.
Me: IMPRESSIVE!!!
-----------

I'm sure you have your own horror stories as well
Lehrer

I contacted them at 2PM Pacific Time, and did not get an answer until 14 hours later. I complained. They said:
"Sorry, but operators don't work 24h a day"

Well if you are an Internet company and accept clients from US West Coast then you should be able to provide support for them during working hours. Don't you think??? sad.gif ohmy.gif

Dear pablotello, the sentence "Sorry, but operators don't work 24h a day"
impressed me greatly, because our operators DO work 27/7 and they have always been! This is written on our home page as well. Please do not confuse other people here.

Lehrer
Lehrer
I don't even expect to get a response from you guys, based on your previous trend of support followthrough. Prove me wrong!

Dear Carl, if you have read other posts in this forum, you must have seen the posts of Mblendiger, who very interestingly shared his thoughts with other people here, regarding his VPS. I am sorry I can't provide the direct link to it, but I hope you'll find it here. So, what could we suggest to you? You can upgrade for a VPS, if you wish of course.
And yes, you asked for a phone number. I can give you my mobile phone number, but I'm not sure if you'd be delighted with the bills for international calls. I suppose for the money spent you'd better pay for your future VPS sad.gif

sincerely, Lehrer
carlg
So wait you want me to actrually spend more money here with you guys and upgrade?? To be very honest with you, I have found multiple other companies that I am interested in using in place of you guys.

The service is completely bad. I have gotten alot of sorry this, or sorry that responses from you guys. I have two things I am looking for.

One, I need to know why my php forums run so slow. My site takes forever to load!!! I would like to be moved on your servers.

And please don't go tell me to go fill out a trouble ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoever posts here next DO NOT say to go fill out a trouble ticket. I have filled out three about the problem earlier and got NO response. You guys are supposed to be managers, do it. Move me to a different server, or figure out why my actual forum threads take anywhere from 30 sec. to 4 minutes to load.

And second, NO, I am not paying to upgrade. I trully feel that with all the crap I have went through you should upgrade me for no charge. I have went through so much crap to just get help from you guys and then find out it was all YOUR fault. My site should have never gotten suspended. One of you guys messed up, in my country that is BAD business. I see alot of SORRY's but I dont' see anything being done to fix the problem.

I lost a lot of traffic being down for 12 hours. IT was garbage. I would like to be upgraded to a VPS for no charge, for the duration of my contract.

If you have any sense of customer management and want to save me as a customer, you will respond.

Carl
Lehrer
I see alot of SORRY's but I dont' see anything being done to fix the problem.

I lost a lot of traffic being down for 12 hours. IT was garbage. I would like to be upgraded to a VPS for no charge, for the duration of my contract.

If you have any sense of customer management and want to save me as a customer, you will respond.

Dear Carl , I cannot guarantee your free upgrade for a VPS. What would it be, if every customer asked for the same thing, the free upgrade I mean? Nothing but chaos I suppose. A Virtual Private Server would be a good way out for you, but I don't think this could be done at no charge. Our supervisor's e-mail is sergey[at]hostony.com in case he allows the free upgrade - great. But if not - I can't help you on this myself.
Lehrer
Carl, as far as your forum is concerned, please send me a link to it. If you do not like trouble tickets- feel free to attach all the necessary details here or
contact us via live chat or ICQ. I'll see what I can do to fix it.
HappyCustomer
> carlg

This company are rocks smile.gif.

Oversellers, that even don't have phone number.

You can find information about them at http://www.webhostingtalk.com forums.
I suggest you to move some other host.

Useful tip against overselling:
You can create some file that utilize all your unused diskspace.
If more then 5 users/server will do this, oversellers will be very happy smile.gif

For hostony.com staff:
If you are respecting your customers, they must know true about your company.

Patrick Richardson,
CyberCops Team.
Protection of online community.
Lehrer
Dear Protector of online community, please give your pieces of advice elsewhere. This forum is for hostony customers, not for jokers like you.

Oversellers... laugh.gif Very nice blink.gif blink.gif !

P.S. For the 1000-th time:we DO NOT have a phone number because our support department is outsorced to Ukraine. You or anyone else can get our local number, or my personal mobile.

In case You decide to call us...
carlg
First off, I don't care if I have to call Mars! When I have a problem I want support right away. If my site goes down, bad things happen. I loose alot of potential visitors and when it says I need to contact billing for no apparant reason it makes me look likt I don't pay my own bills. So yes I would like a phone number to the Ukraine, Mars I don't care.

email me at cgamauf@hotmail.com with any such information.

As far as my forums, they absolutely ######. Sometimes they run fine and other times like now, I can literally wait five minutes to access an actual topic.

http://www.teamtabularasa.com/modules.php?name=Forums

That is the link to the main forums, try to drill down to an actual thread, half the time there is no problem and the other half it is so slow. Nowing that it works sometimes, I know that it is not an error in the programming, its your server getting overloaded.

When I signed up you said that there was consistent speeds and I don't see that at all. At this point if you can't fix stuff like this, I don't care if eveyone asked for an upgrade to a vps, I think with the quality of service that you have provided me personally I deserve the upgrade.

email me personally about this issue, I will tell you that I am definietly ready to jump ship (move to another server) I have two picked out already if you can't help the problem.

So lets go over this as you guys sometimes forget to answer all the questions,

1. email me a phone number to contact you in the ukraine
2. go fix my forums/server
3. email me in reguards to how you lan on upgrading me

Please refer sergey to this post as I am getting tired of chasing people around just to get the kind of service I would expect from any company.

Carl G.
Lehrer
Carl, I have already told you several times that if you are not satisfied with the server's speed, you need to upgrade for a VPS. Shared hosting is not a suitable choice in case you run a large forum, which is by the way working OK for me. How should one fix something that is working?

VDS Technology, unlike other shared hosting technologies, provides each Web site with its own, private, isolated space. VDS isolates memory, disk, CPU and network space, guaranteeing your resources from other VDSs or customers. The result is greater reliability and performance and lower costs.

Fundamentally Virtual Dedicated Servers enable each website to operate independently from other websites on the same physical machine. Virtual Dedicated Servers have their own server software that runs inside an isolated file directory and provides autonomy for each website. Security within a VDS environment is unparalleled to that of the virtual hosting environment - any compromise to a VDS only affects that individual VDS. VDS guarantees machine resources that no other customers can use or affect.

Additionally, VDS website owners have full administrative control of their environment and may install additional applications and create classic "Virtual Hosting" accounts contained by your VDS.

By the way, the number will be sent to you as discussed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here