Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: more questions - domains
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Anonymous
Hey, at the moment, with my current host (one of the only good things about it!) i can register extra domains automatically from my control panel, it sets it all up automatically, and is working within 48hrs usually. it's also quite cheap ?5 for 2 years for a .uk domain (that's about $8-9)

do you have a similar service to be able to order .uk domains and how much does it cost?

cheers
Shurik
Sorry we don't offer .uk domain registrations at the moment.
Anonymous
ok smile.gif

so can i register domains and transfer them to you for no extra cost?
Shurik
We offer hosting for the registered domains.
So you need register domain with you favourite domain name registrar and then put our nameservers (ns1 & ns2.hostony.com) in to your registrar account. Then you purchase our hosting and we create hosting account for your domain.
And there is no charge for set up new accounts, it is for free.
Anonymous
the fog is lifiting...i understand smile.gif

so if i was purchasing the ultra package (which i will be) it offers unlimited domain parking etc. so all it's a case of doing is pointing the domain to your name servers, and telling you (presumably through the control panel) that these domains are mine...and they'll get pointed to my webspace?

cool smile.gif

cheers smile.gif
smikwily
Domain purchasing and website hosting are actually 2 different 'groups', but they are sometimes merged. I've had 2 different hosts, but my domains were all purchased from the same registrar. You put the nameservers of your host in the domain configuration at your registrar and then your host adds your configuration to the nameservers (or you sometimes do it yourself).

Registrar/Domain Name wants to know where to look for Nameservers.

Host wants to know what to do once the domain name hits their servers. Kinda like "You are here, but where do I point you?"

That help at all?
Anonymous
got it smile.gif

up to now, the host i've been using deals with everything, so the difference hasn't been apparant smile.gif

i've now found a registrar who does nicely priced domains, and allows you to transfer away for free if you want...so i think i'm sorted!!

cheers!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here