Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problem with Rss feed script
Hostony Board > General Support > PHP/MySQL
darcyelliott
Hi

I have a site that I grab rss feeds from a few different sources... the script has been running for quite some time, but today seems broken... now I have

Warning: fopen(): URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/naturesb/public_html/index.php on line 278

Warning: fopen(http://www.medicinenet.com/rss/specialty/Nutrition.xml): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/naturesb/public_html/index.php on line 278
Error getting news from this source

I have to assume that something on the server changed.... does anybody know why this would have changed???

Thanks
Darcy Elliott
www.naturesbounty.ca
Alexandre
Is it working now?
darcyelliott
Just checked and nope still in error...

Thanks
Darce
darcyelliott
Now I am getting this message on the top of my OScommerce site...

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/naturesb/public_html/store/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

Are you guys doing something on my server?
Lehrer
darcyelliott, we are not doing anything on your server now. Your site is working successfully. smile.gif
darcyelliott
I fixed the configure.php problem, somehow the file was no longer read only and therefore the error was thrown... the interesting thing is that no one but me touches those files, and I have not don anything to it, so I am not sure how that setting was flipped....

However I am still having the issue with the fopen on my rss feed. After doing some crusing in forums last night, what i found is that hosts are able to disallow getting remote pages using fopen...is this the case and if so, when did that change go into effect???

Thanks
Darce
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here