Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Server Time is OFF
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
kingtaco
Here's my support logs that accounts the inability of tech support to figure out a very SIMPLE reaccuring issue:
ME
Whatever server that riotpix.com pulls its time off of is off by about 15 minutes. Please fix. thank you.

User/Staff follow-ups
Vadim Ratnyuk
2005-04-11 18:20:31  Dear ****

The server is ok

root@server21 [~]# uptime
18:12:04 up 8 days, 17:01, 2 users, load average: 1.96, 3.60, 5.48

and your site is accessible too
Rate It: 

ME
2005-04-11 18:27:28
EDIT  The servers TIME is off by almost 12 minutes.

It's 1:15pm, the server reades 1:03pm

Please fix. Thank you.

Vadim Ratnyuk
2005-04-11 18:51:01  I've checked
we have no problems with this server

The server is working well
Rate It: 

ME
2005-04-11 18:54:46
EDIT  NO, the TIME TIME TIME TIME TIME is off!

Please check the server where the TIME comes from. I'm not making this up, something is wrong.

ME
2005-04-11 21:18:20
EDIT  Please re-check this issue. The TIME is not correct. THE TIME IS NOT CORRECT. Your internal SERVER CLOCK IS WRONG.

why is this so difficult to understand. the time server is off by around 12 minutes. just check whatever machine that the server pulls the time from... stop telling me i don't know what i'm talking about. ARGGH!
Lehrer
Dear Customer, the time on the server is now correct: Mon Apr 11 22:49:51 GMT 2005

You can check it up later if you wish by entering "date" in shell.
kingtaco
The time is again off. This time by about 3 minutes. This is a habitual problem. Is there anyway to fix it permanantely. I'm getting tired of having to constantly pester tech support about fixing it.

Please fix. Thank you.
Slavik
This maybe caused by our firewall, because it do not allow to synchronize the time on the server because of the security. I'd like to admit that this problem is temporary.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here