Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Subdomain problem
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
gogetglo
I recently setup a subdomain on my site around 18 hours ago. As the CPanel subdomain notice stated: "it takes a few hours for the subdomain to be active". But after 18 hours of waiting, the subdomain was still not there. I just deleted it and re-add it but still, I can't access the subdomain.

My internet connection is perfect and so is my FTP software (I also tried to upload files to the subdomain but it doesn't work). I setup everything: Subdomain, FTP, etc. And I need help.
Slavik
Hello.
Please open a trouble ticket and provide us with the domain name, we'll investigate the problem.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
gogetglo
My domain name is http://www.go-getglobal.com and the subdomain I'm having trouble with is cameralist.go-getglobal.com. I also submitted a trouble ticket but I would also like faster support + subdomain activation.
Slavik
Your subdomain is working now.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
gogetglo
Whoops. Just as I was thanking Hostony for the good job done, I got cut off from my FTP and cameralist.go-getglobal.com is back down dry.gif ! Do resolve my subdomain issue.

P.S. I have also created a suport ticket (again)
Slavik
We've responded you in the trouble ticket.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
gogetglo
Oh yes, but I'm still having trouble:

I can view the page after a few refreshes but I can't connect via FTP. I used SmartFTP and here's what it says:

Resolving host name cameralist.go-getglobal.com...
No such host is known.
Active Help Link: www.smartftp.com/support/kb/index.php/83
Connection closed.

Why isn't the FTP working? And why can I only access the site after refreshing 5-7 times?

P.S. I can't even access the site at all when I go directly to cameralist.go-getglobal.com. I only can access it after refreshing at the 3rd party link Hostony provided
Slavik
Please provide us with the ftp settings for your subdomain(login and pass), we'll test it and investigate the problem.
The reason for accessing the site after 5-7 refreshes can be in the cache and cookies on your PC or your local ISP.
Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev.
gogetglo
Okay. The subdomain is okay now when I access it directly and so is the FTP biggrin.gif . Thanks, Slavik.
Slavik
You are welcome

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here