Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: divide my current account
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Guest_Lo?c_*
Hello,

Is it possible to switch my current account (ex power now commerce) to special because I don't use all the space and bandwith.

I want to open another account because I realized that Google does not value domains that are hosted with the same IP adress and registered with the same name.

So I want to have two accounts with two different names and two different IP adresses.

Thanks
Slavik
Hello.
If you want to swicht your current account to another package you should contact our billing department at first.
If you want to have two different accounts with two different IPs you should make the order and let make a note in the order form about it.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
gogetglo
It's free to upgrade but not to downgrade. Anyway, why doesn't Google value same IP domains? Doesn't the Google Bot go for content? And not IP addresses tongue.gif
carahost
Anyway, why doesn't Google value same IP domains? Doesn't the Google Bot go for content? And not IP addresses

because google counts the number of websites linking to your site, the more incoming links you have the better rank you get, if google would allow links from the same ip, people would make a lot of duplicated sites on their own server linking to each other to trick the seach engine and get a better rank
Phil
QUOTE(carahost @ Apr 15 2005, 05:34 PM)
because google counts the number of websites linking to your site, the more incoming links you have the better rank you get, if google would allow links from the same ip, people would make a lot of duplicated sites on their own server linking to each other to trick the seach engine and get a better rank

So if I get a reseller account and host 10 sites for 10 clients, and they want to link to each other, Google won't count all of their links because I host all of the accounts for them? mad.gif Pretty cheezy if you ask me.
carahost
So if I get a reseller account and host 10 sites for 10 clients, and they want to link to each other, Google won't count all of their links because I host all of the accounts for them?  Pretty cheezy if you ask me.

google would index the links and websites, but those incoming links wouldnt count for your pagerank calculation.
MartinB
FU**!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here