Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Upgrade Problem
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
joeohlandt
Gentlemen,

First I tried to upgrade Xoops using Fantastico and it screwed it up.
Then I got support to do it, and they screwed it up.

The latest message I got was we fixed some stuff, but there is other problems for you to fix. I'm sorry, but I don't know what to fix or how to go about it. This is why we have tech support.

This site has been down for 11 days now.
The ticket call id is 3583.

I would appreciate any assistance in getting this site back up and the correct database used with it.

Joe Ohlandt
Lehrer
joeohlandt, We'll surely have a closer look at your ticket.
joeohlandt
Thank you very much.

I am a patient man and understand everyone can not know everything.
I look forward to getting this site back online.

Joe Ohlandt
Lehrer
joeohlandt, as we told you before, the problem is in your script. The matter is that we do not fix them ourselves, and if the customer uses 3-d party scripts he fully takes the responsibility...
But that's not the point. What we suggest is that you should backup all your data including databases. After that try to reinstall Xoops. That should help.

Lehrer
joeohlandt
Lehrer,

First of all, there are no third party scripts involved. Everything there is Xoops. Even if a module was not compatable with the newer version it would not stop the core from running. I may not be a genius when it comes to software, but I can read the documentation on the Xoops site.

I don't expect you guys to be experts on everything, but since you can't make it work I'll have to find a way.

Joe Ohlandt
Lehrer
joeohlandt, have you reinstalled it already?
ser_pros
We want to help you.
We were trying to do everything to run your Xoops.
The first problem was that Xdirectory hasn't been installed for your Xoops.
We've installed it today but then we get another error with function xoops_getheandler();
I think it will be better if we try to solve this problem together.
joeohlandt
Gentlemen,

First, I stand corrected on one point. If all the modules are not in place it will not run. Seems damn foolish to me, but thats the way it has worked for me so far.

I am working on the problem myself so please don't help at this point. When I have it complete I will inform you of all my findings and answer any questions you may have.

Thank you,
Joe Ohlandt
ser_pros
Thanks.
Sorry that we could't help you before.
But I can say that according to my investigation if you change databse in mainfile.php to thetempl_xoop1 your Xopps will work perfectly.
But if you change it to thetempl_xoop2 it will not work.
It will show error that it can't find Xdirectory module.
Then you should download Xdirectory modules from Xoops site and install it in your Xoops directory.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here