Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bandwidth & Loading
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
timeleft
A couple of questions about the linux profi plan.

1. What exactly happens if you go over your bw limit for the month? I think I read on the forum that your site is suspended and you get notified by e-mail, but in the TOS it sounds like you get billed per Gb for the extra transfer. I'd prefer my site to be suspended or suspended and offered an option to upgrade than kept up and charged $$$ for extra transfer.

2. I'm just learning PHP/SQL so sorry if this is silly to ask: The TOS says you put limits on processor load and such. How would I know if a PHP script I write, like a guestbook script say, is going to go over those limits. I test on my own computer before I upload anything, but just to make sure it works, I don't know how to find out how much resources it uses.

Thanks in advance for your help smile.gif
Alexandre
1. What exactly happens if you go over your bw limit for the month? I think I read on the forum that your site is suspended and you get notified by e-mail, but in the TOS it sounds like you get billed per Gb for the extra transfer. I'd prefer my site to be suspended or suspended and offered an option to upgrade than kept up and charged $$$ for extra transfer.
if you go over your bw limit for the month your account is suspended.

Yes, you can buy extra bandwidth also you can contact billing department and upgrade your account.

2. I'm just learning PHP/SQL so sorry if this is silly to ask: The TOS says you put limits on processor load and such. How would I know if a PHP script I write, like a guestbook script say, is going to go over those limits. I test on my own computer before I upload anything, but just to make sure it works, I don't know how to find out how much resources it uses.

We'll let you know if it is caused overload.
janddhosting
sometimes with some php scripts it will time out if it reaches the set load limits set by hostony.

you get a timed out error.

an average php guest book, probably wouldnt strain resources much.

depending on how big your guestbook got.

hope that also helps.
Slavik
Hope you'll succeded in your learning.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here