Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: all email from 64.74.112.74 is blacklisted by Osirusoft
Hostony Board > General Support > Mail
jchrastina
I have just been advised by a local ISP that they use relays.osirusoft.com to control email flow. Osirusoft is blocking all email from 64.74.112.74 (server10.bighost).

I have sent an email to support@hostony.com asking them to petitiion osirusoft to get OFF THE BLACKLIST. I hope this gets resolved in the next day or so. This is hurting my five clients. I manage their websites and all of them are on server10.

Thanks.
artrocity
This concerns me as well so off i go to
http://relays.osirusoft.com/cgi-bin/rbcheck.cgi

Sure enough : this ip is listed on two lists as a spamhaus.

(127.0.0.4) 64.74.112.74 is DNSbl listed. by relays.osirusoft.com
[1] Racksource, see http://spews.org/ask.cgi?S2624
This is not just a list of open relays. It includes open relays, dynamic IP space proxies, spammers, spamhausen and similar email related problems.
If you're not listed as a 127.0.0.2 or 127.0.0.3 please don't bother the administrator of relays.osirusoft.com
If you're listed by spamhaus.relays.osirusoft.com please take this issue up with spamhaus.org
If you're listed by spamsites.relays.osirusoft.com please take this issue up with spamsites.org
If you're listed by spews.relays.osirusoft.com please take this issue up with spews.org
The data in relays.osirusoft.com is a composite of all other subzones. This list is used to stop spam from entering osirusoft.com's mail servers.
The home page for this zone can be found by clicking Here For automation purposes download rbcheck for linux

Check Server hierarchy
64.74.112.74 is NOT DNSBL listed by dnsbl.njabl.org Nomination policy information
64.74.112.74 is NOT DNSBL listed by inputs.relays.osirusoft.com Nomination policy information Nominate this site.Check Server hierarchy
64.74.112.74 is NOT DNSBL listed by relays.ordb.org Nomination policy information Nominate this site.Check Server hierarchy
64.74.112.74 is NOT DNSBL listed by relays.visi.com Nomination policy information
64.74.112.74 is NOT DNSBL listed by dev.null.dk Nomination policy information Nominate this site.Check Server hierarchy
64.74.112.74 is NOT DNSBL listed by socks.relays.osirusoft.com Nomination policy information Nominate this site.Check Server hierarchy
64.74.112.74 is NOT DNSBL listed by proxy.relays.osirusoft.com Nomination policy information Check Server hierarchy
64.74.112.74 is NOT DNSBL listed by socks.opm.blitzed.org Check Server hierarchy
64.74.112.74 is NOT DNSBL listed by list.dsbl.org Nomination policy information Check Server hierarchy
64.74.112.74 is NOT DNSBL listed by multihop.dsbl.org Nomination policy information Check Server hierarchy
64.74.112.74 is NOT DNSBL listed by unconfirmed.dsbl.org Nomination policy information Check Server hierarchy
64.74.112.74 is NOT DNSBL listed by orbs.dorkslayers.com Nomination policy information Check Server hierarchy
64.74.112.74 is NOT DNSBL listed by relays.dorkslayers.com Nomination policy information Check Server hierarchy
64.74.112.74 is NOT DNSBL listed by spamsources.fabel.dk Nomination policy information Nominate this site.Check Server hierarchy
64.74.112.74 is NOT DNSBL listed by bl.reynolds.net.au Nomination policy information
64.74.112.74 is NOT DNSBL listed by ztl.dorkslayers.com Nomination policy information Check Server hierarchy
64.74.112.74 is NOT DNSBL listed by spamsites.relays.osirusoft.com Nomination policy information Check Server hierarchy
64.74.112.74 is NOT DNSBL listed by dialups.relays.osirusoft.com Nomination policy information Nominate this site.Check Server hierarchy
64.74.112.74 is NOT DNSBL listed by dynablock.easynet.nl Nomination policy information
64.74.112.74 is NOT DNSBL listed by dun.dnsrbl.net Nomination policy information
64.74.112.74 is NOT DNSBL listed by spammers.v6net.org Nomination policy information Nominate this site.
64.74.112.74 is NOT DNSBL listed by bl.spamcop.net Nomination policy information
64.74.112.74 is NOT DNSBL listed by blackholes.intersil.net Nominate this site.
64.74.112.74 is NOT DNSBL listed by spamhaus.relays.osirusoft.com Nomination policy information
64.74.112.74 is NOT DNSBL listed by sbl.spamhaus.org Nomination policy information
64.74.112.74 is NOT DNSBL listed by blackholes.five-ten-sg.com Nomination policy information
64.74.112.74 is NOT DNSBL listed by block.blars.org Nomination policy information
(127.0.0.4) 64.74.112.74 is DNSbl listed. by spews.relays.osirusoft.com
[1] Racksource, see http://spews.org/ask.cgi?S2624
Please visit this link for questions about why your mail was bounced.
Please visit this link for instructions about how spews operates.
This zone maintained by spews.org

Number of sites listing this IP: 2
Serge
The fact is a groups of people decides that they can stop spam by creating a list of spammers and stay above the law in jusdjing who is a spammer and who is not.

In this case they decided to fight RackSource

Racksource
|--------------------
1, 66.252.31.0/24, Racksource / healthproducts.bz / brazilaftelcom.com (dead)
1, 64.74.98.0 - 64.74.98.255, Racksource
1, 64.74.78.0 - 64.74.118.255, Internap (Racksource)
1, 204.182.112.89, box2.smokeherb.com / ara.bz (seanet.com)
2, 204.182.112.0/24, seanet.com (box2.smokeherb.com / ara.bz)
---------------------|

Out of the blue they decided that Internap is the same organization as Racksource and blocked major part of Atlanta and texas Internap ips.

They blocked more than 10000 ips in order to sto a single site.
So now we have 10000 ips blocked and racksource.com is sitting on 216.168.135.8 that is not listed in any above network.

So such method of fighting spam is rather questionable since spammers like just to pop up spam and switch to other provider and use fake ips as well as emails when spamming. Honest people have more damage from such fighters than spammers.

Our provider Internap is already working on the issue trying to make spews.org to delist their ip ranges. As you can see only 2 lists out of several dozens keep listing this ip rzange generally because they are poorely managed.

The only way you can do is to ask your provider not to use spews because they are not accurate and poorely managed.

When we'll get more info on the issue I'll post it here. Thank you for your patience.
jchrastina
The block appears to be lifted. My emails to clients at fast.net are now getting through. Hostony - thank you for petitioning and getting this resolved.
jchrastina
This was fixed for awhile. It looks like the Hostony IP is back on the RBL list again.
Please see the attachments in the email sent to support@hostony.com.
I have also opened a HelpDesk ticket.
This blacklisting is UNACCEPTABLE.
jchrastina
Any comments from Hostony??
Serge
SPEWS is very unmanaged. As you can see in their listing they blocked several B networks just because of several ips that NOT belongto that network. They agreed to remove blocking but a week ago it popped up again. Yesterday they removed blocking again.

All I can say is that ip blocking never stopes or prevent spamming. All these guys are not better thatn spammers because they make life harder for many people and don't solve actual problem. They behave as stupid people who think that they have power to judge who is good and who is not.

We do our best to stop spam once we found them and never was blocked because of spam from OUR ips. I don't see the way to prevent list lice spews from blocking whole networks out of the blue. All ican ask you is to explain your local ISPs that using blacklist never stopes spam and just make life harder for their customers.
jchrastina
Looks like 64.74.112.74 is now OFF the list of relays.osirusoft.com, but for how long??
Sergey
We are looking for the spammers all time.
None of our servers is not in black list.
None of our servers haven't been in a black list for a long time. smile.gif
jchrastina
Sergey, I don't know what you would consider a "long time", but you only got OFF relays.osirusoft.com RBL in just the past week or so. In my book, that's not long at all.

Also, I have another thread running in the Mail forum regarding a MAJOR block by AOL. What are you able to do about that? The AOL block is now almost THREE WEEKS OLD.
Sergey
AOL blocks mail by another cause.
They need that for all domain will be reverse zone.
But We can't controll reverse zone.
Vanya
All new about reverse DNS PTRs and AOL issue are available here:
http://forum.hostony.com/index.php?act=ST&f=10&t=479
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here