Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Copermine Mail
Hostony Board > General Support > Mail
Sean S
Hi,
I'm kinda new and just set up coppermine's picture photo gallery though fantastico.
I've set it up to verify accounts via email before the user becomes active, much like this board does before allowing one to post. It doesn't however send emails to the newly regestered nor does it send, like it supposed to, email to the administrator informing the admin of the new applicant.

There are other scripts available though fantanstico and I imagine that this problem even if set up manually without fantastico would still exist. Is email functions not available on hostony.com hosts? If I were to set up a php based contact webform would it send me email?

thanks for taking time to read this mumbo jumbo..

Sean
Lehrer
Dear Sean,
you are to use a definite e-mail address, the one that is on that server where you host your domain. You can't use @hotmail.com, yahoo, etc.
but before doing it it is strongly recommended that you test that e-mail to be sure it is working properly.

Lehrer
Sean S
ok.. so let me get this straight. When someone registers with my site and forgets thier password, they won't be able to recieve thier password reminders unless the have an email address that I provided them? I have to provide all of my visitors an email address just so they can get simple password reminders and what not?

This can't be right. Maybe we're not on the same page. But if we are and I'm understanding this right, please let me know. I think I'll cancel hosting with hostony if that's the case. I don't want to issues email addresses to any or all of my visitors. Heck, I don't even want to use the mail on the server. Gmail seems to be doing a fine job enough..

Sean ohmy.gif
Lehrer
Dear Sean, you can enable this option in the forum's settings, using admin's login.
If you fail to do it, please open a trouble ticket at support.hostony.com
Sean S
Fixed now!!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out...

I really do appreciate it!!! biggrin.gif
Slavik
Hello.
It helped biggrin.gif
The problem is fixed
Try to use webmail now.
Please have a look at your trouble ticket.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here