Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to create my own NameServers?
Hostony Board > General Support > Resellers Room
cityguru
I have a site which will be the main site of my company which we will call www.mydomain.com

Currently www.mydomain.com is hosted at a company like Namecheap or Godaddy.com and is currently pointing to the Name servers dns.hostony.com and dns.hostony.org. Clearly this needs to be done so that when the request to www.mydomain.com occurs it gets fowarded to Hostony and go to the correct place.

However if i purchased a reseller hosting account i want to be able to create other sites such as www.otherdomain.com and when creating the account their name servers will be ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com

so my first question via the cpanel for resellers how does one create or edit the above nameservers?

2nd i have been told that once its been created i can even point my main site www.mydomain.com to the above nameservers, but how could that be, wouldnt the request go around in a Loop.

I can understand www.otherdomain.com going to ns1.mydomain.com when mydomain.com has its nameserver as dns.hostony.com.

However how could www.mydomain.com refrence against namecheap or Godaddy and be sent to ns1.mydomain.com, wouldnt it go around in a circle since i dont see any link that goes back to Hostony.

So i would think that this cant be done with the main site, however the reseller sites can use this method. Is this correct?

And again if one can tell me how to go ahead and create the nnameserves that would be great. Currently i have in my reseller hosting plan two accounts, one being the main one which is mydomain.com and one being an account someone purchased from me which is otherdomain.com

Thank you
Rastus
to create your nameservers, you have to go to the registar of your domain and create them. It will take 24-48 hrs + for the names to propagate throughout the net.
Lehrer
thanks for your help, Rastus

It will take 24-48 hrs + for the names to propagate throughout the net.

the NS records usually need from 24 to 72 hours to propagate.

Cityguru, why don't you like to use our own nameservers? smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here