Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do NOT use Hostony
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
mad_customer
They give no service, are unresponsive, and steal your money.

Better off giving it to the homeless man on the corner, you get the same amount of web support, plus you get to feel good about yourself.

As for hostony, thieves is a nice way of describing them.
Jack Hertz
*laughs*

You're funny... I'm moving from hostony.. just got on the ###### bandwagon. Man the servers are fast. And each time the response has been under 1 minute. Even after registration. (I think I've used it for really stupid questions 8 times now).

Thought i'd see if anything has changed though, and came back and give another farewell.

So yeah, wish you luck hostony in your future endeavers. Hope you get everything figured out. If not, then that must ######.

PS. You're cruel if you give this to homeless.
Dima
Thanks a lot for your support smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
vertices
I'm also on ######.com now. Couldn't possibly be happier. I've also had to use their support a few times for stupid questions and like the poster above, all of my responses have been under 1 minute. You also get a dedicated IP for each domain which is very nice.smile.gif

And check this out: If your service is down with them for 3 hours, you will receive a month of free service, 24 hours and you get a year of free service. That's nice.smile.gif

http://www.$%$%$%$%�....com/f-99up.php

Fast connections with fast service. www.####@#E@#@#.com

Can you believe these forums? Who in their right mind would sign up for Hostony after taking one look at the boards?!? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif huh.gif huh.gif
Rastus
I've been with Hostony for 1.5 yrs and I'm lovin it. Started with one site and now I have multiple sites hosted with them. Tech support and billing have always resolved any issues I have quickly and courteously. Yes, there have been downtimes, but that is with any host. I did the host search and bounce before joining hostony and I am very pleased I found them.

If hostony is not the place for you, then by all means leave. We will not miss you. continuing to return here and insult hostony and those who are hosted by hostony is childish and irresponsible.

To the hostony staff.. Kudos to you and Keep up the good work. smile.gif
Red Blaze
It's only childish of you to leave and come back insulting them. Show's how immature some people can be.
Slavik
Dear Vertices,
it' very kind of you to 'advertise' our company. wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif
Thank you for being our customer .
Good luck to you with your new hosting company. By the way they might have the forum too. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
mad_customer
So far, the only replies to ANY communications I have sent to Hostony have been from other members. You will note that in this list, hostony replied ONLY to the people who are "Loyal Customers".

I just want my money back. I have been trying since March 10th to get ANY communication from hostony. I sent several e-mails. No reply. I finally decided to air my grievance here, only to be insulted by people who, for some reason, actually got service from hostony.

I will GLADLY go away and stop "insulting" them IF they will give me my money back. How long am I supposed to wait before I hear from them? Isn't two weeks enough time for them to respond? How am I childish for posting TRUE statements? If someone took your money, gave you nothing in return, and you could not contact them, doesn't that qualify them as thieves?

I just want my refund.

Thank you,

Ish
hardcoded
Personally, I never had problems with Hostony support. I always was answered promptly, and I'm here since huh... more than a year.

I was quite upset by the recent downtimes on my server though. But I know that these downtimes are inherent to shared hosting. Thus, I don't think that any shared hosting provider can provide a better service than Hostony.

What I'll probably soon do is to get a dedicated server...
Lehrer
QUOTE(vertices @ Mar 25 2005, 01:47 AM)
I'm also on ######.com now.  Couldn't possibly be happier.  I've also had to use their support a few times for stupid questions and like the poster above, all of my responses have been under 1 minute.  You also get a dedicated IP for each domain which is very nice.smile.gif

And check this out:  If your service is down with them for 3 hours, you will receive a month of free service, 24 hours and you get a year of free service.  That's nice.smile.gif

http://www.#$#$#$#$#&#....com/f-99up.php

Fast connections with fast service.  www.######.com

Can you believe these forums?  Who in their right mind would sign up for Hostony after taking one look at the boards?!? biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  huh.gif  huh.gif

Vertices, that is really unkind and cruel of you. If you have moved your things to another company, why don't you start using their forum and keep on posting here? I really can't understand it.
bpgisme
mad.gif

Hostony please give them back their money so they can finally go away.

Geez.... dry.gif

Perhaps those of us who get fast replies and good service from Hostony do so because we are courteous and patient to the staff, not to mention aware of what they have to deal with everyday....

-Bonnie
vertices
QUOTE(bpgisme @ Mar 25 2005, 10:07 PM)
mad.gif

Hostony please give them back their money so they can finally go away.

Geez....  dry.gif

Perhaps those of us who get fast replies and good service from Hostony do so because we are courteous and patient to the staff, not to mention aware of what they have to deal with everyday....
-Bonnie

lol..... cool.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
Lehrer
To all the participants of this topic. I am closing this topic now as no further discussion makes sence.

P.s Bonnie, thanks again.

Vertices: nothing to laugh about. I really never met a person here who would throw mud at the whole staff for a buck...

Many happy returns of the day!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here