Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Few basic questions
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
vkartas
Hi everybody,

I would really appreciate reply of somebody of Hostony technical stuff to this post.

Our company definitely decided to buy one of your reseller plans. But before doing this we need to clarify few important technical questions:

1. Are your reseller plans (i.e. STARTER) use PVS technology or they are still a kind of shared hosting solutions?
This question is related to one practical issue we had recently with one of our sites which is being hosted with you. We asked tech. support (Support request {FD-3587}) is it possible to install MnogoSearch search engine script on our site and we were told that only one solution in this case - to upgrade to PVS. That is not a problem but if we can start from some of reseller's plans it would be preferrable. But because we definitely need this search engine we need to clearly understand our options: is it only PVS for such installations or we can do that with usual reseller plan also?

2. We shall definitely need your assistance with this installation. Can we rely on it? If yes - on which conditions?

3. We were told by one of your stuff that we can just upgrade our existing shared hosting ( SPECIAL plan) to Reseller package or VPS. If it is correct - how to implement it technically?

4. In topic http://forum.hostony.com/index.php?showtopic=3580 we found that
"We can split your reseller account on two servers.
Or setup a new account for your client and decrase your reseller allocation according on it." If it is so we need more information how to manage this properly from the very begining and is this option available for PVS also.

5. Most of our clients would need new domain registration or full domain transfer and we accordingly want to provide this service through your Company on the very regular basis. Your annual price $14.85 is not a question. The qustion is: can we fully rely on you in this matter anytime or there are some limitations?

Mentioned above questions are nesessary for us to make final arrengements.

Thanks in advance
Slavik
Hello.
1.Our reseller plans are a kind of shared hosting and you should upgrade to VPS for the instalation of installations MnogoSearch search engine.
2.You'll get our assistance with this installation - we'll install it biggrin.gif.
3. Yes youcan just upgrade our existing shared hosting ( SPECIAL plan) to VPS. Please contact our billing department billing@hostony.com and resolve the payment issue.
We'll upgrade your account after the confirmation of the billing department.
4.No this option is not available for VPS.
5.You can fully rely on us in this matter anytime.

Best regards,
Hostony Team
vkartas
Hello Slavik,

Thanks for your information. Just one more question:

In your VPS options table you have a string
Cpanel\WHM +$10
What does it mean - additional 10$ montly? Annualy? Why this figure marked as red? And after all I have not found such additional payment option on your payment page. I definitely need Cpanel\WHM so please explain me what do I have to do with this additional 10$ and what is my final price per month in this case?
Slavik
Dear Vkartas,
If you want to buy VPSSTART for example you'll pay $ 39.85 +$10 for Cpanel\WHM.

best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
vkartas
OK, with price it is clear. So it means that buyng VPSSTART/Cpanel for 39.85$+10$ Ishould have Cpanel/WHM software already licesed, installed and basically configured on my server and I do not need to do all of these myself. Is it correct? (This question refers to installation part in WHM support documentation)

And another couple of question: may I send you desired names for my server to register them or I have to do it myself?

And if I understood correctly my existing site hosted with your shared plan will be transfered to my new server in the first place. Is it right?
Slavik
Dear Vkartas,
1. You do not need to do all of these yourself, we'll install evrything.
2. You can register the domains yourself or contact our billing department and we'll register the domains for you. So, it depends on you.
3. Yes, your existing site hosted with us will be transfered to your new server in the first place.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
vkartas
Dear Slavik,

Thanks for your answers - almost everithing is perfectly understood now. It is only one thing I have to ask again:
In my question
may I send you desired names for my server to register them or I have to do it myself?
I did not mean DNS registration for my clients. I meant only particular names for 2 ip adresses for my server which refers to WHM set up procedure. For example: in your reseller's plans page you say
You'll be able to have your private nameservers ns1.yourcompany.com and ns2.yourcompany.com ...

So my question is: can you register such ns1.mycompany.com and ns2.mycompany.com for my two ip adresses that I recieve with PVS package and do I have to pay for this separately?
Alec
We can register your name servers if we hold your domain name as well. If the domain name is registered elsewhere you need to register private name servers with your domain registrar
vkartas
Yes, we want to register and keep these two domain names for our 2 ip adresses with you. So do we have to pay for these separately?
Alec
Nope, they are included in VPS fee.
vkartas
That is great. Thanks for your help.
Slavik
You are welcome.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here