(I posted this on a musician's forum I frequently go to and I thought maybe I could put it up here too if no one minds....I only go to two forums... Sad life I lead... rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif )

My youngest son will be seven years old tomorrow. He doesn't use the potty yet, eat with a fork or spoon or say any words at all besides "hot". I know that right now Autism is in the news and popping up everywhere, but like so many "flavor of the week" type illnesses and disabilities it will eventually fade back into the background. Right now, however, this is a serious thing that will probably effect someone you know, most likely even a family member. If you donate to charities of any kind, please consider this one: http://www.cureautismnow.org/. I am not in any way affiliated with these people. I just know that my son was diagnosed at three years old and at that time the numbers in the US were 1 in every 550. Now the numbers are 1 in every 166. I think we are looking at a huge portion of an entire generation of people who will never leave home, never hold down jobs, never really grow up, possibly never utter a word, and most likely live their entire lives at home with their parents and later their other family members or a group home. If you regularly give to a charity, please consider giving to help cure Autism....

Thanks...
-Bonnie