Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: creating a new account
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
micah
so I am trying to get an idea of what it will actually cost me to host my site here. if I prepay, it seems I can do it for under $10 a month, but when I go to the ordering screen, I notice that it says $10/month for a 50Mb mysql db. I thought mysql db's were unlimited as it says on the comparison page?http://hostony.com/hosting.html] http://hostony.com/hosting.html[/URL]

Also, I already have 2 domain names registered. Would it make sense to simply create a third domain and in my current dns have both my previous domains point to the new? or would that require a dedicated IP? What would be the added cost of transferring both my current domain names?
Slavik
Hello.
The mysql db is not limitted within your account. You've mixed it with MSSQL database.
You can transfer your domain to our company(you have the right for 1 free domain, so we can transfer one domain for free. The transfer of the domain costs $14.85) or you can configure dns records(set up our dns for your domain) by your domain register company and you won't need to transfer the domains in such a case.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
micah
oops, now I see... mssql vs mysql. another question... what does this mean "Free script install"

what kind of "script" would need installing?
ser_pros
"Free script install" means that you can install scripts like PHPBB, Mambo and others from your Cpanel (Control Panel).
micah
is web based email available? (ie. SquirrelMail) if so is it POP only or is IMAP available?
Alec
The following web mail interfaces are available:

UebiMiau on Windows;

Horde, Neomail,
Squirrelmail on Linux
MartinB
is web based email available? (ie. SquirrelMail) if so is it POP only or is IMAP available?

(and you have IMAP too.)
Slavik
You are right, we have it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here