Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Email Server and telephone #
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Guest_Greg_*
I have a few question prior to making my final decision to transfer my existing domain:

1) I need to transfer my domain bu I would like to do it stages. Can I transfer my email prior to transfering the domain?

2)It looks like you are located in the UK - do you have an 800 number?

3)How many employees do you have?

4)Is there any reason why I would need a dedicated IP address?

Thanks
Alec
1) I need to transfer my domain bu I would like to do it stages. Can I transfer my email prior to transfering the domain?

It's not a good idea. First you need to transfer the domain, then e-mail. During the transfer period you can check email from both servers.

2)It looks like you are located in the UK - do you have an 800 number?

No, we don't have it

3)How many employees do you have? I don't know exactly (ask our boss), but it's about 30 people smile.gif

4)Is there any reason why I would need a dedicated IP address?

It may be SSL certificate or anonymous ftp server (but we don't provide anonymous ftp on shared servers)

Thank you for interesting in our services.
Guest_Greg_*
I have a follow up question: Can you please point me to some sites you host on shared servers so I can test the speed. I realize you don't want to steer business away but can you be honest and tell me if you would recommend that I use a web hosting service based in the US, where I am located, rather than the UK? What is the performance impact of the distance? Please be honest I would prefer to know up front and not be disappointed.
MartinB
Hostony servers are located in US datacenters
Slavik
Our headquaters are located in UK but our servers are situated in the USA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here