Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Virtual Dedicated -vs- Reseller Plan
Hostony Board > General Support > Resellers Room
inspiracon
My web site has gone "down" 3 times today, and consistently goes down at least twice a day. I know it falls well within the 99% uptime guarantee. Has anyone had better reliability with the Virtual Dedicated servers over the regular reseller account? Apparently I'm a glutton for punishment. biggrin.gif

Inspiracon Media Services
http://www.inspiracon.com
Alexandre
VDS Technology, unlike other shared hosting technologies, provides each Web site with its own, private, isolated space. VDS isolates memory, disk, CPU and network space, guaranteeing your resources from other VDSs or customers. The result is greater reliability and performance and lower costs.

Fundamentally Virtual Dedicated Servers enable each website to operate independently from other websites on the same physical machine. Virtual Dedicated Servers have their own server software that runs inside an isolated file directory and provides autonomy for each website. Security within a VDS environment is unparalleled to that of the virtual hosting environment - any compromise to a VDS only affects that individual VDS. VDS guarantees machine resources that no other customers can use or affect.

Additionally, VDS website owners have full administrative control of their environment and may install additional applications and create classic "Virtual Hosting" accounts contained by your VDS.

Virtual Dedicated Server - the power and control of a dedicated server along with the cost savings of a shared server.

Virtual hosting technology, the base of many commercial solutions, enables you to host multiple websites on a single machine that uses the same server software to run each and every website. Virtual hosting utilizes the same web server and mail server, and is located in the same file directory with all other websites. This environment allows for security vulnerabilities - a single compromise can affect the performance and security of the entire machine. Virtual Hosting environments also restrict website owner's access to the server which blocks the installation of custom applications.
inspiracon
That's great Alexandre, but my question was is my site and my clients' sites going to go down 2 or 3 times a day if I move to a VDS.

inspiracon
http://www.inspiracon.com
Internet Architects
ser_pros
No your sites won't be down.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here