Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: re: question time
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Anonymous
Hi im interested in your webhosting serice.

Does your package allow FTP transfer?
Does your package include PHP and MYSQL?
Do you allow storage of .exe files or .zip files etc.
Do you have a max file size limit?

Yours Sincerely

Harry Whitehead
Serge
Does your package allow FTP transfer?

Yes. It is very common feature.

Does your package include PHP and MYSQL?

Yes.

Yes we allow to store such files.

Do you have a max file size limit?

No we don't have any file size limit.
will
Hi

Did you even read the page that explains what features each particular account level provides? it seems not!

The only file size limit is that placed by the operating system & file system - which is 2gig for the filesystem hostony uses.

EXE and Zip files are allowed, but if you read the terms and conditions i'm sure that they say you can't host a warez or illegal downloads site - which i'm sure you aren't doing.

for all other information, go here: http://www.hostony.com/hosting.html
Tim

Yes we allow to store such files.

I wasn't aware of the allowance of .exe files. Are you saying that you allow "execution" of .exe files? I realize the extension doesn't matter but my question is just in regard to a compiled binary. If so, will I automatically have access to the C/C++ compiler (for compilation of C/C++ source) if I send the copy of driver's license to customer support to allow telnet access?

The reason I ask is because I currently have a domain with another hosting company which has executable code running that I haven't moved, just because it's difficult to get allowance of executable style binaries with any other hosting company and it would be a hassle to reformat the code into runtime script. Many years ago most of the companies that offered hosting allowed telnet access as a standard feature (and little or no GUI interface) before things changed more towards a safer GUI type access.

Tim
Serge
will

There are some articles on the net that provide users with a template of questions user should ask hosting company before signing up.

So we get such questions several times a week. There is no problem with it. Everybody has it is time to start into something. So, such customers is not a problem since they are on theright way and try to avoid errors by searching for the information. The only problem is so called article writers who advice people to ask hosting companies questions like 'Do you offer 24/7 ftp support?' smile.gif

Tim
Yes we can allow you to run C++ scripts on the server.
Tim
Tim
Yes we can allow you to run C++ scripts on the server.

My question wasn't in regard to scripts, as I know that it is pretty common to allow scripts. My question is "do you allow C++ code that has been compiled into a binary to be run"? The two examples are very different.

Tim
Serge
Sorry, just accustomed to use 'script' for any program after got involved into web hosting. Yes you can use gcc and compile your code. Once it is compailed - you can run it. I advice you to copmpile it with our compiler in order to avoid it popping up on dual xeon systems in the hidden process list. Sometimes because of the virtual memory libraries headers difference programs compiled with headers from other kernel versions are not recognized correctly by chkproc.

Please contact our support in order to proceed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here