Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A few unanswered questions before I purchase
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Christopher Poe
Hi, I am interested in the special WINDOWS hosting package but I have a few questions I need answered before I decide to go with hostony.com

1) Does this package include a dedicated IP address?

2) Database features
a) I understand the package comes with 2 10MB MS SQL databases. Is it possible for me to add more space or databases later?
cool.gif I understand the package comes with unlimited MySQL databases. How much space?
c) Can I connect to the MS SQL databases directly with a tool like Visual Studio .NET, Enterprise Manager, or Query Analyzer?

3) What kinda of statistics is offered, are raw log files offered, is web statistics software pre-installed? If not which softwares are supported.

4) Are ASP.NET portal applications such as DotNetNuke supported?

I would appreciate an answer to these questions as soon as possible so that I may take advantage of the limited time offer (expires today in a few hours)
Thanks,

Christopher Poe
Alec
1) Does this package include a dedicated IP address?

None of the packages doesn't include dedicated ip. You need to purchase it as an additional option.

2) Database features
a) I understand the package comes with 2 10MB MS SQL databases. Is it possible for me to add more space or databases later?
cool.gif I understand the package comes with unlimited MySQL databases. How much space?

Yes, additional MSSQL diskspace is available for extra fee:

50 Mb - $10/mo
100 Mb - $20/mo
500 Mb - $40/mo

MySQL diskspace is limited by your total account quota only. If you have 3000 Mb diskspace you can have 3 Gb of MySQL databases smile.gif

3) What kinda of statistics is offered, are raw log files offered, is web statistics software pre-installed? If not which softwares are supported.

Linux: Webalized and awstats
Windows: Awstats only.

You can view raw logs on Linux only.

4) Are ASP.NET portal applications such as DotNetNuke supported?

They are support on Windows but not pre-installed. you will need to install and configure it on your own. (Certainly, we'll try to help you if you meet some problems with it smile.gif)

Thank you for interesting in our services.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here